What are the side effects of clotrimazole
ClotrimazoleDrug groupsAntifungal drugsAzole antifungal agents Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent from the group of azole antifungal agents with antibacterial properties. It is used for the external treatment of fungal skin infections, for example athlete's foot and diaper rash. In the form of vaginal tablets and creams, it is used to treat vaginal thrush. Local skin irritation or hypersensitivity reactions can occur as undesirable effects.
Clotrimazole is available as cream, cream, ointment, spray, in the form of vaginal tablets and as a vaginal cream alone or in combination with other active ingredients (e.g. Canesten®, Gyno-Canesten®, Imacort®, Imazol®, Triderm®). It has been approved in Switzerland since 1973.Structure and properties
Clotrimazole (C.22H17ClN2, Mr = 344.8 g / mol) is a chlorinated phenylmethylimidazole derivative. It is available as a white to pale yellow powder that is practically insoluble in water.
Clotrimazole (ATC D01AC01) has antifungal properties against dermatophytes, yeasts, molds and other fungi. It also has antibacterial properties. The effects are based on the inhibition of ergosterol synthesis, an essential component of the fungal cell membrane.
For the treatment of skin fungal infections with dermatophytes, yeasts, molds and other fungi. In the form of vaginal tablets or as vaginal cream, clotrimazole is used for vaginal thrush and as an additional treatment for trichomoniasis.dosage
According to the specialist information. To treat a fungal skin infection, the medicine is applied two to three times a day. The treatment should be continued for a few days after the improvement.Contraindications
The complete precautionary measures can be found in the product information sheet.Interactions
Clotrimazole can reverse the effects of polyenes such as amphotericin B when applied externally at the same time. If used vaginally, the effectiveness of condoms and diaphragms can be impaired.unwanted effects
Possible adverse effects of treatment are hypersensitivity reactions and local reactions.see also
Azole antifungals, fungal infections, vaginal thrushliterature
- Medicinal product information (CH, D)
- European Pharmacopoeia PhEur
- Sawyer P.R., Brogden R.N., Pinder R.M., Speight T.M., Avery. Clotrimazole: a review of its antifungal activity and therapeutic efficacy. Drugs, 1975, 9 (6), 424-47 Pubmed
Conflicts of Interest: None / Independent. The author has no relationships with the manufacturers and is not involved in the sale of the products mentioned.additional Information
Support PharmaWiki with a donation!
© PharmaWiki 2007-2021 - PharmaWiki provides independent and reliable information about medication and health.
This article was last changed on February 18, 2020.
Imprint and data protection declaration
Show products for this page
- Can I assemble a cheap laptop
- What are some good resources on word2vec
- How would the hyperloop work
- What is really the most privileged population group
- How did it help you keep a pet?
- What is the best stepladder
- What makes movie quotes unforgettable 1
- However, money is important for happiness
- Raw honey has vitamins
- What better way to cure depression than staying active
- What is the most frequently asked question
- How do alligators swim
- What are creative ways to eat pomegranate
- Is fear the strongest emotion
- How do I measure my physical strength
- Is the Google Assistant better than Google Search
- Personal loans are deposited
- As you pluck your unibrows, it gets thicker
- Headphones are supplied with the Redmi 4A
- What are the best PBN backlinks
- Is Mindtree a good company 1
- What are the future prospects for Baidu
- How do they make McDonalds folded eggs
- What are transcript
- Every country becomes a liberal democracy
- Do companies issue bonds during recessions
- Which states were first in American education
- How do machines break
- What are Xi Jinping's greatest achievements
- An allergy can cause a headache
- How do you disconnect a car battery
- Did the Russian sleep experiment really take place?
- How good is Surface Go
- What are the latest trends in robotics