How is iOS 10 Beta 3
How to uninstall iOS beta software
Participants in the Apple Beta Software Program, Customer Seed Program, and Apple Developer Program can try iOS beta versions. This article explains how to revert to the last public iOS version if you no longer want to use an installed iOS beta version.
Remove the public beta by deleting the beta profile
If you installed an iOS beta from a computer, you will need to restore iOS to remove the beta.
The easiest way to remove the public beta is to delete the beta profile. Then you wait for the next software update. Proceed as follows:
- Go to Settings> General, then tap Profiles & Device Management.
- Tap the iOS beta software profile.
- Tap Remove Profile and restart your device.
When the next public iOS version is available, install it to revert to a regular iOS version (not a beta version). If an update is already available, you can install it via "Settings"> "General"> "Software update". However, the iOS version must be newer than your existing version.
If you don't want to wait for a software update to install a regular version of iOS, follow the steps for an iOS restore.
Remove the developer beta by restoring your device
To remove the developer beta immediately, you'll need to erase and restore your device. If you have archived a backup, you can then set up your device again from the backup.
Note that backups made with beta software may not be compatible with older versions of iOS. If you don't have an older backup made with the latest version of iOS, you may not be able to restore your device with the most recent backup.
- Make sure your Mac has the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect the device to your computer and put the device into recovery mode as follows:
- On an iPad with Face ID: Briefly press the volume up button and then immediately release it. Press the volume down button and release it immediately. Press and hold the standby button until the device restarts. Continue to hold the standby button until the device goes into recovery mode.
- On iPhone 8 or later: Briefly press the volume up button and then immediately release it. Press the volume down button and release it immediately. Then press and hold the side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- On an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, or iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the standby and volume up buttons at the same time. Don't let go of the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding the buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad with a Home button, or iPod touch (6th generation or earlier): Press and hold the Standby and Volume up buttons at the same time. Don't let go of the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding the buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- If you see the option to restore, click it. This will delete iOS beta from your device and install the regular version of iOS (not beta). If the download takes more than 15 minutes and the recovery mode screen closes, wait for the download to finish and repeat step 2.
- Wait for the restore to complete. When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password, which will disable Activation Lock. Here's what to do if the recovery process doesn't complete.
After the restore is complete, you can set up your device again from your archived backup. This backup must come from an older iOS version.
If you create a backup in iCloud or on a computer from a device that has an iOS beta version installed, the backup cannot be restored to devices with older versions of iOS. If you z. For example, if you switch from the beta version of iOS 12 back to iOS 11.4.1, a backup made with the iOS beta version will not be restored. Instead, restore the data from a backup you made before installing the iOS beta.
Update if you get a warning that a new iOS update is available
- Who won an Oscar posthumously
- How are Hornfels formed
- How do apartment complexes deal with pest control?
- What about bsc agri scope
- What is Brazil's favorite pastime
- What can make us lose our curiosity
- What brand are these headphones 1
- Is the US a company?
- Why doesn't LEGO make roller coaster sets
- Will MAPS succeed in legalizing MDMA therapy?
- How much does drug testing cost
- Like, follow me on Facebook
- Adrian Lamo could hack into the ISS
- What is an authentication failure
- What is basic impulse or energy
- Are the Yuuzhan Vong canons
- Can you decipher the word Ymeno?
- How to Recover a Scorched Lawn
- What is the XGBoost equivalent in sklearn
- Who called the Golden Temple
- Headphones are supplied with the Redmi 4A
- What is in Vitamin B12
- What is a Friedel Crafts reaction
- How is the crowd at Amrita Bangalore