Do you know mesothelioma
Mesothelioma is a malignant tumor of the mesothelium that grows diffusely and occurs in the pleura, the pericardium, the peritoneum and in men on the tunica vaginalis testis. Mesotheliomas are always malignant and very aggressive.
Almost all mesotheliomas are caused by strong exposure to asbestos, with a long latency period of 20-50 years until symptoms appear. Craftsmen such as painters, construction workers or plumbers over 50 years of age represent risk groups.
Mesotheliomas can also develop idiopathically in very rare cases. Depending on the location of the mesothelioma, patients suffer from different symptoms. In the most common form, pleural mesothelioma, those affected complain of dyspnoea, chest pain and persistent cough; these symptoms are usually triggered by pleural effusions and are the most common reason why people see a doctor.
Other forms of mesothelioma tend to result in non-specific symptoms such as fever, weight loss, fatigue, night sweats, anemia, ascites, abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea. Since the symptoms usually only appear when the tumor has progressed, the prognosis is poor.
In pleural mesothelioma, for example, the mean survival time after diagnosis is one year, while the relative five-year survival rate for all types of mesothelioma is between 5 and 10%. A cure is usually not possible.
Esanum is the medical platform on the Internet. Here, doctors have the opportunity to get in touch with a multitude of colleagues and to share interdisciplinary experiences. Discussions include both cases and observations from practice, as well as news and developments from everyday medical practice.
Esanum is the doctor's platform on the Internet. Here doctors have the opportunity to get in touch with a large number of colleagues and to exchange interdisciplinary experiences. Discussions include cases and observations from practice as well as news and developments from everyday medical practice.
Esanum is un réseau social pour les medecins. Rejoignez la communauté et partagez votre expérience avec vos confrères. Actualités santé, comptes-rendus d'études scientifiques et congrès médicaux: retrouvez toute l'actualité de votre spécialité médicale sur esanum.
- Philosophy means creativity free will
- Do you have a Quora friend
- What is 90 000 000 Robux
- How common are benign brain tumors
- Can you decipher the word ELRO?
- Self-control is good all the time
- Strong emotions like anger can be contagious
- How bad was Vlad The Impaler really
- Is Catalonia separated from Spain
- How much would this tattoo cost me
- Can black widow spiders kill dogs?
- What is a Concierge MVP
- How would you define mentally fit
- Is sleep paralysis necessary for astral projection
- Who else has a 3D television
- What is an area map
- Cape Town South Africa is dangerous
- What does stage fright mean
- What does a swallow tattoo mean
- What is the best college in Rajshahi
- Supports the OnePlus 3T Jio SIM
- What is the LD50 of sugar
- Is the spiritual path lonely
- Do I have to submit KYC