Should I start using energy drinks?
How quickly do energy drinks work?
This is how quickly energy drinks develop their stimulating effect.
Do you sometimes have an energy drink on the day of training to give yourself a boost while training? Then you have probably already wondered when the caffeine starts to work.
That's how fast energy drinks work
The energy boost from energy drinks is mainly due to the caffeine they contain. This can start to work after just 10 minutes. To about 30 to 60 minutes it unfolds its full effect, as the American Academy of Sleep Medicine writes. In addition to increased concentration and alertness, the consequences are also improved physical performance, according to the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR). The caffeine docks with the adenosine receptors in the body and blocks them. So the adenosine cannot develop its tiredness-inducing effect and we feel more awake.
When to drink energy drink before training?
Since the caffeine reaches its maximum concentration in the blood after 30 to 60 minutes, you should start exercising after this time. Ideally, you drink your energy drink so 20 to 30 minutes before training. This also applies to coffee or boosters.
Don't consume too much
You should never consume too much caffeine at once. The BfR warns of undesirable side effects such as sweating, nervousness or even racing heart. Of course, your reaction to caffeine always depends on how sensitive you are and how you are used to it. However, it is not recommended to exceed a certain amount. This could lead to cardiovascular problems in the long term.
To avoid taking any risks, you can use the reference quantities of the European Food Safety Authority (ESFA) as a guide. Accordingly, adults should do not consume more than 200 mg of caffeine at a time. For comparison: two cans of energy drinks contain around 160 mg. After that, it should be over for now. Overall, the ESFA recommends adults no more than 400 mg per day to take in.
Children and young people, on the other hand, should Do not exceed 3 mg of caffeine per kilogram of body weight. So if you weigh 65 kilograms, you shouldn't consume more than 195 mg of caffeine per day. By the way, there is also caffeine in chocolate. You can find out when you can buy energy drinks in this post.
How long do energy drinks work?
Caffeine has one Half-life averaging about 4 hours. So let's say you drink a can of Red Bull with 80 mg of caffeine before exercising. If we now assume that the maximum concentration in the blood is reached after 45 minutes, about 40 mg of caffeine will remain in your circulation four hours later. Another four hours later, half of it is again dismantled.
However, the rate at which your body breaks down caffeine also depends on factors such as age, weight, and gender. On average, however, it can be said that it is about 12 hours takes your body to completely remove the caffeine. Just in case you haven't topped up again.
- Is Maldives in Lakshadweep
- Is a travel bag a handbag
- What determines the profit of thermal power stations
- What is Jim Henson best known for?
- Why are parts of plants modified?
- Can you decipher the word Ymeno?
- What can be done with a VBScript
- When and how was Tokyo founded
- Is riad a good place to retreat
- Orlando FL is a small city
- Might forgive Donald Trump Meek Mill
- Is psychology useful
- How do I disinfect a baseball cap
- When did Mahatma Gandhi become President
- Is Dr. Dre a crip
- Why exactly is Meyers Briggs not scientific
- What does Virat Kohli like to eat
- What is the Ross Stores business model
- Which engineering industry is easy to study
- What is a title between VP and Director
- What lie changed your life
- How do you achieve high ambitions
- Why does shooting never stop at school?
- What are your herniated discs