What do you want most
What do you really, really want?
What do you really, really want?
Have you ever asked yourself this question?
And not when you have to choose yogurt or Malaga at the ice cream counter! No then when it comes to what you want in life? Really and truly - without regret to the point of death?
This is a question that you should take enough time to answer.
Who invented it?
The social philosopher Frithjof Bergmann (founder of the New Work idea) first asked this question to assembly line workers in America in the 1970s. Their jobs were cut because computers could do them better and cheaper. The purpose of the question was to find a suitable new job for her. The reactions were very extreme. Seasoned men burst into tears because they had never asked anyone what they really and truly wanted.
Most people don't know what they really, really want, regardless of whether they've worked on the assembly line for 20 years or are a university professor. Bergmann calls this "Poverty of desire ". This comes from the fact that we are exposed to too many influences that we take into account when we do something: upbringing, society, beliefs, relationships, status, etc.
How do you find out what you really, really want?
The best way to do this is to get to know yourself properly first!
A couple of suggestions:
- If it is easier for you: first write down what you DO NOT want.
That is at least a step. Just looking at the list will make it easier for you to decide whether to say yes or no to something. Being consistent helps!
- Take all kinds of personality tests
Not the ones that are in magazines. No, those that are offered, for example, in the application process or in further training. There is also a lot to discover online.
- Proceed like Frithjof Bergmann and keep asking yourself:
"Was there anything in the last few days that gave me an unexpected" pleasure "?"
Why are you here?
Are you afraid of death?
Do you live a full life?
- Make a position assessment and see if one of the bridges here in the Club of Commplices enables the next step.
- If you lose track, get it back. With a few leaps in the air that you can do with Gabriele Feile.
- At a certain point, use the help of a coach, mentor or other form of support. Check out the airlift for that too.
- Experience many different things, meet new people, talk to them about special topics that are new to you.
- Above all, ask lots of questions!
Chances are, there are countless other ways you can get to know yourself better. It is important that you do it even if you are afraid that something “wrong” will come out.
Don't worry, it can't happen. Because what comes out is you! And you are right!
No time pressure
The whole thing is not something you will have done in 2 weeks. Depending on how well you've got to know each other - how many shifts you've already taken - it takes Years, months, or just a moment. Remember that what you want can and may change.
When do you know you found "it"?
The signs are clear and mostly physically noticeable. Tears are often part of it. How Gabriele Feile fared, she reveals in the essay “The Truth About New Work”. Along with a few other tips to help you find yourself and your new job.
- Medles of Honner in the INDIAN ARMY
- Can people with schizophrenia love their voices?
- How the program is executed internally in the CPU
- Memorizing music texts will improve your memory
- How often do you actually get sick
- What do we use iron for?
- How important is your online reputation
- Why do people hate BlackBerry phones
- Why do fans produce cool air
- What does Chimkandi
- How is CBD oil made from marijuana
- What are the best Windows-based wearables
- How do timeshare resorts work
- What is the full form of OBGYN
- How does vehicle weight affect fuel efficiency
- What are the best poker strategy books
- What features does Viber
- What are some humorous baby shower games
- Is BoJack Horseman a narcissist?
- What are the reasons for madness
- Data scientists should know Java and C.
- What's causing bumps on your asshole
- What connects Europe
- How are airsoft folding materials distributed worldwide
- Individual investors really consistently beat the market
- Are yellow rose leaves okay to eat?
- What is the limitation of nuclear energy
- Is browser diversity good for the web?
- Which online app is best for learning
- What are the problems of Subaru Legacy
- What do people sleep on besides mattresses
- Can load a verb