What is a masala tea
How do you make traditional masala chai?
With Masala Chai is originally from the Asian area originating mixed drink called. The Indian word “masala” can roughly be translated as “spice mixture”, whereby the “chai” is derived from the Chinese word “chá” for tea. Masala Chai consists of black tea, sugar or honey, milk and a special blend of spices and is particularly popular because of its stimulating effect. Chai is a good alternative for latte macchiato lovers.
Masala Chai - a special kind of tea drink
Masala Chai is the national drink in India and is also celebrating its triumph as a trend drink in Europe. In addition to the self-preparation, the purchase of tea bags in tea shops and coffee shops, Masala Chai can now also be obtained as a capsule for Nespresso coffee machines.
Masala Chai - a drink with many recipes
The classic ingredients for Masala Chai include a strong black tea, which is often brewed from a strong Assam, as well as milk, sugar or other sweeteners. The special aroma is given to the Masala Chai by the spice mixture, which varies from family to family in India. Traditional spices for Masala Chai are cloves, cardamom, anise, fennel seeds, cinnamon and ginger, which can be found in almost every recipe variation. The spices used develop a stimulating effect. Especially cardamom According to the teaching, it should have a positive effect on life energy and digestion.
Because almost every family has its own recipe for Masala Chai, peppercorns, Indian bay leaves and nutmeg can also be used as spicy ingredients. Instead of sugar, honey is also used as a sweetener, depending on the region and taste.
Traditional preparation of Masala Chai
For the preparation of a Masala Chai this is water with the milk, theSugar or honey and the Boiled spices. Only after a cooking time of about one minute will the Tea leaves added. After a brewing time of at least ten minutes the Masala Chai is put through a sieve poured off and served. Here is the recipe:
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2-4 green cardamom pods to crush (comes from the ginger family)
- 1-2 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- a pinch of anise
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon black tea leaves
- Sugar or honey for sweetening
Before Masala Chai is drunk in India, however, it gets its typical creamy consistency by repeatedly scooping it up with a ladle and then frothing it up. As a rule, it is left to steep for a total of around 5 minutes. Furthermore, tea is generally poured from the cup onto the saucer in India to cool the drink and drink it. Tip for summer: Prepare in large quantities and enjoy cold.
Modern preparation of Masala Chai
In Europe, the Masala Chai is a trendy drink and is often also used under the name in coffee shops Chai Latte (e.g. in the McCafe). This Masala Chai is only rarely used freshly brewed tea prepared, but consists of powder or syrup that can be infused with water or milk and frothed (be careful: the taste and the spices usually do not come into their own here). The spices for fresh preparation are often pre-packaged in tea shops (e.g. from Pure Tea).
Preparation at the push of a button: Masala Chai with the Nespresso
At the end of 2013 there was a competition at the popular capsule manufacturer which limited edition will go on sale. Cioccorosso could score well but lost to the Masala Chai in the end.
Nespresso itself gives the Masala Chai indicates that an espresso cup with a volume of 40 ml and the appropriate setting on the machine should be used. The strength of the drink is given as 6, which roughly corresponds to a mild espresso. Masala Chai capsules from Nespresso contain an aromatic composition of star anise, cinnamon and cloves, which perfectly emphasize the tart taste of the Livanto Grand Cru coffee they contain. The capsules can also be used to prepare a latte macchiato or cappuccino by adding milk foam or milk.
The preparation of the Masala Chai as a Nespresso capsule does not differ from other capsules from the manufacturer. Here, too, the entire brewing process takes place inside the Nespresso machine. After inserting the capsule, the machine only needs to be started. The hot water is then pressed into the capsule under high pressure until the membrane on the capsule tears and the finished brewed drink is dispensed through the spout, ready to serve.
- Can 2 USB hosts be connected to each other
- Replaces Node JS PHP
- What is the Korean word for fun
- How to brew a spring roll
- Who are the greatest Americans in history
- What do the epithelial cells do
- How can YouTube help people
- How will Spacex refuel on Mars
- EJB Java still has an application area
- What does endometrial thickness mean
- Why do they make citadels
- Is MAMC better than KGMU
- What are the oceans that never mix
- Help Pakistan unite Ireland
- Why do some drummers reach for their cymbals
- How do you practice music theory
- Dentists recommend electric toothbrushes for children
- Difference Between Nephritis and Nephrotic Syndrome
- How do I get a valence number
- What is hammer forging
- What is the best night club in bradford
- How do I convert websites to apps
- Lil Wayne writes his own lyrics
- What is the rarest Land Rover
- How cynicism has hurt your health
- Makes OPPO the OnePlus 5 phone
- How are airsoft folding materials distributed worldwide
- Scientific evidence that God leaves
- Was Sanskrit ever a spoken language
- 1+ phones are overpriced
- How exactly does the color inversion work
- What causes water leaks in the ceiling
- Is bleach and ammonia painful
- What is a series of lies