What causes pain in my colon
Causes & Symptoms
What are gastrointestinal diseases?
There are several types of gastrointestinal diseases:
- Stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers
Ulcers in the stomach and duodenum show up as persistent pain. In the case of gastric ulcer these occur more in connection with eating and in the case of duodenal ulcer more at night when empty. Indications of bleeding from these ulcers are pitch black stools or vomiting of blood or coffee grounds.
- Diseases of the small and large intestines
Diseases of the small and large intestines also cause abdominal discomfort, abdominal pain and changes in bowel habits. Every year around 70,000 people in Germany develop colon or rectal cancer. The preventive examination of the large intestine from the age of 50 and stool examinations protect against the development of a malignant disease. This benefit is covered by the health insurances every ten years, and even more often if there is a family history or alarm symptoms.
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders
Chronic irritable bowel syndrome or functional stomach disorders have no physical causes. At the Schön Klinik, we examine your complaints thoroughly and rule out any visible diseases. Then we will explain to you exactly your functional disorders in the gastrointestinal tract and advise you on diet and lifestyle. With irritable bowel syndrome, for example, switching to a diet rich in fiber often helps. In many cases, the experts in our psychosomatic department can also give advice or take you on for psychotherapy.
Causes: This is how gastrointestinal diseases develop
Stomach ulcers and the duodenal area are often caused by the gastric mucosal bacterium Helicobacter pylori.
In the case of gastric ulcers, the main triggers are painkillers and rheumatic drugs, as well as an unhealthy lifestyle.
The causes of chronic diarrhea are manifold. Starting with intestinal diseases over food intolerance to metabolic or cancer diseases.
Symptoms: signs of gastrointestinal disease
- stomach pain
- Stomach cramps
- Stomach pressure
- Bloating, gas
- Headache and body aches
Diagnosis: This is how gastrointestinal disease is diagnosedDepending on the type and location of your complaints, we at the Schön Klinik have different diagnostic methods to get to the bottom of your illness. If the abdominal disease is unclear or if the gastrointestinal tract is mirrored, we use imaging methods such as x-rays, computed tomography and magnetic resonance tomography. After all, a gastroscopy always gives an accurate diagnosis.
Diagnostics: diseases of the esophagus
Diagnostics: diseases of the large and small intestines
Diagnostics: diarrheal diseases
Cancer prevention through early examinationsFrom the age of 50 or in the event of alarm symptoms such as excretion of blood or weight loss, a gastroscopy should be carried out at an early stage. In this way, we can recognize cancer at an early stage and treat it in good time. The gastroscopy can be done with calming agents or under short anesthesia if desired.
- It is good to always ignore rejection
- What are the best books on algorithms
- What is the average resistance in diode
- How liked the stay of doctors for internal medicine
- Are bamboo products environmentally friendly
- What exactly is the Goldbach conjecture
- How to say Fantasy in Mandarin
- What is gravitation and what is a gravitational field
- How is the bad actor doing in Bollywood
- How do beer companies differ
- What are good topics for dissertations in aerospace
- Any ideas for burrito recipes
- Which sweets start with the letter F.
- How did you come to your political opinion?
- How can I calculate the power flow
- What is the least attractive IT job
- What is a fertile desert
- Which is Boehmen's first album
- What are rotary compressors used for
- How should I deal with defiant children
- How do antiprotons arise
- Which NFL stadium has the best atmosphere?
- Main difference between n modes and Kejriwal
- Recycle synthetic oil