Is the GTX 1080 Ti out of date
Nvidia ends GTX 1080 Ti: A good replacement is within reach
The era of the Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti is coming to an end - the manufacturer has apparently stopped production and prices are rising. But that's not particularly bad, because Nvidia offers a newer replacement.
Nvidia's GTX 1080 Ti was number 1 on our graphics card leaderboard for a year and a half. For the first time, the model with a Pascal GPU offered the possibility of conjuring up smooth 4K resolution with high details on the screen with just one slot. Even now the cards hold high places in our leaderboard.
But when you take a look at the ranking, you quickly notice that the cards have become incredibly expensive. The former number 1, the MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X, costs 950 euros. Other models are also not far behind: In the price comparison, the cheapest card is still available for just under 750 euros, after which the numbers increase quickly. You can really no longer recommend the cards at these prices.
Alternative: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080
Meanwhile, it looks much better in the price comparison for the Geforce RTX 2080. Here the prices have settled at from 730 euros. Depending on the quality of the cooling solution (and luck with the GPU), the RTX 2080 works at eye level with the 1080 Ti, usually requires less power and offers ray tracing and AI features - even if these are currently only used in a few locations.
More articles from this area
The most popular CHIP news
- Bitcoin is the next Enron
- Why is Kerala flood disaster politicized
- What are some interesting facts about Auckland
- How can we improve education with technology?
- Is USB keyboard faster than PS 2
- How does Antminer S9
- Why should I make an effort at school?
- Where is my life
- Can you have more than one autism?
- What genre is sound music
- What is the latest PlayStation
- Has an anaconda sense
- What does a positive stress test mean
- What are the roots of Indo Guyanese
- Are fitness teachers freelance
- Do you think Facebook can be fixed
- What is the formula for finding moles
- Have you ever gone beyond your identity?
- Do you like the marvel movies
- Are Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos rivals
- Why doesn't my washing machine stop?
- What are examples of pairing devices
- All lies are fraudulent
- What is 50 divided by 1 3