Can Nest employees switch to Google?
Smart Home: Google buys Nest Labs for $ 3.2 billion
Google has announced it will acquire Nest Labs for $ 3.2 billion in cash. Founded by former Apple employees, the company makes smart thermostats and smoke alarms. The current CEO Tony Fadell, who is considered one of the fathers of the iPod, remains in charge. In addition, the start-up is to be continued as an independent company.Nest thermostat (Image: Nest Labs)
Through the merger with Google, Nest could achieve its goals faster than alone, writes Fadell in a blog entry. "Google has the business resources, global size, and reach to accelerate Nest's growth in hardware, software, and services."
As early as December 2013, the rumor surfaced that Google was testing thermostats connected to the Internet. Fadell has now confirmed that his company has been in contact with Google for three years. A first meeting even took place before Nest was founded almost four years ago.
“They already have amazing products to buy right now - thermostats that can save energy and smoke and carbon monoxide alarms that will help keep your family safe. We're excited to bring great experiences to more households in more countries and to make dreams come true, ”said Google CEO Larry Page in a press release.
Google plans to complete the acquisition - the second largest in its history - in the coming months. Before that, it still needs approval from regulatory authorities.
[with material from Daniel Terdiman, News.com]Google's most expensive company takeovers (source: statista)
- Where is Honeysuckle Island
- Which plants have strangest leaves?
- How are ex-lawyers treated in prison?
- Why do black holes have a high entropy?
- Who developed the first laptop
- What is the foam used in aero modeling
- Why is ethics viewed as a normative science
- Which states are peninsulas
- Should Trump's children get safety checks
- Are there sections in YCCE Nagpur
- What is the capital of Zambia
- Does the western world have a culture
- When will Internet Explorer 11 be obsolete?
- Used in mathematics in cinematography
- What is meant by vaporizing?
- Norway, Finland and Switzerland are mixed economies
- Why are blades in centrifugal pumps radial?
- How do plants grow in the pond
- How do you say you're busy?
- What is a parametric test
- What software does an Android phone use
- What would an increase in the debt ceiling do?
- How is machine learning changing online advertising?
- How important is empathy