Is HTML5 the future of web development
Web development: HTML5 puts Flash on the sidelines
There are several reasons for the general move from Flash to HTML5. However, there are two main arguments: HTML5 has the status of an open web standard and does not require an additional plug-in. While Flash as proprietary software is under the control of Adobe, HTML5 becomes open and independent in one international body developed and documented. The web standard is therefore available to every software developer without restrictions and license conditions.
Multimedia content is over at HTML5 native audio and video elements as well as the Drawing surface canvas integrated directly into the source code of a website. An additional programming interface such as Adobe Flash Player is therefore not required. In this way, HTML5 circumvents a central security gap that Adobe has not been able to reliably close to this day: every additional plug-in that has to be installed in the web browser offers hackers an attack surface. In addition, a separate plug-in is required for each platform. Multimedia content that is embedded in a website via HTML5, on the other hand, can be displayed across platforms, since all well-known browsers are now able to interpret HTML5. Even if Adobe wants to continue to support Flash, the technology is unlikely to develop significantly. Instead, the service will likely be limited to providing security updates.
The new multimedia elements of the Hypertext Markup Language not only put Adobe's proprietary software on the sidelines. Also Microsoft's Flash alternative Silverlight, which is offered as a separate plug-in for various browser models, has to admit defeat. In the Edge web browser, which was presented together with Windows 10, Microsoft does without the plug-in interface. Instead of Silverlight, HTML5 should primarily be used to display multimedia content. Flash content is also still supported, but as with Chrome, the player is no longer a plug-in, but a module integrated into the software.
Website operators should also react to this development and convert Flash content into HTML5-compatible formats.
- What is the inheritance of advanced C.
- How do mahi mahi and tilapia differ
- How will Trump's presidency affect financial aid?
- How is MIT ISBJ PUNE
- What are some uses for potassium bromide
- Which startups are CS interns looking for
- PMS makes the symptoms of BPD worse
- What is special about Jodhpur
- Which email validation services accept PayPal
- What is a streambox
- Ringo Starr was the worst Beatle
- Why do people die of viruses
- Hannibal or Dexter
- What does the Punjabi word chinta mean
- Are woodhogs and marmots the same creature?
- What is the flat earth model
- What causes grief
- South Africa is an African state
- What is the best American red wine
- Coffee peeling reduces cellulite
- What is operational prototyping
- What is the Swedish word for mother
- How do I reach Imphal from Silchar
- How is paper currency made
- What is a good Italian macaron recipe
- How does the diode behave like a switch?
- How's December in Daytona Beach FL
- What's the okayest thing you ate
- What happens when Facebook acquires Quora
- NASA recruits programmers
- How do you pronounce aggrandize
- Is Myriad the same as Myriad Pro
- How far do sound waves travel