How much does a wellness center cost
Start your own business with a wellness studio
A few decades ago, wellness was still a luxury. Today, various ways of physical and mental relaxation are an integral part of our culture. The increasing health awareness in society also contributes to the success of the entire wellness industry. In this respect, it makes sense to become self-employed in this health-active area. In the following article, interested start-ups have the chance to familiarize themselves with the option of “self-employed with a wellness center” in a compact and practice-oriented form.
Starting a business with a wellness studio: practical knowledge for planning self-employment
- Assess the starting point: the wellness market
- What should be understood by wellness?
- strategic positioning of the wellness center
- Which cost factors can be expected?
- Formalities: Business registration for wellness center
Environment analysis: How profitable is the wellness area?
The desired start-up with a wellness center is based on Germany one of the world's largest markets. Sales in the billions are achieved in the wellness sector every year. Industry experts are assuming a turnover of around 100 billion euros. This also shows that what was once luxury is now affordable for almost everyone and therefore a large target group. In this respect, a careful price calculation will be necessary. Industry experts point out that wellness in combination with short vacations is currently the trend.
From the sales mentioned, it follows that there is already a large selection for customers in terms of wellness offers. Aside from more than 300 thermal baths, well over 1,000 hotels in Germany already bear the “wellness” attribute. Representative surveys show that almost every 10th German is interested in a wide variety of wellness offers. In general, the target group has also changed. A few years ago it was predominantly women over 40 who looked for wellness offers, today there are more and more young people or couples in their mid-20s.
What does this mean for self-employment with a wellness studio?
Given that, with a large audience, but also one strong competition to be expected in the wellness area. These two factors make it necessary to strategically plan your independence with a wellness center right from the start. First and foremost, a comprehensive location analysis will have to be carried out. If suitable premises are found, the location must be illuminated with a view to the competitive situation. If there is direct competition, the wellness offer must clearly stand out from the competition. This is the only way to win customers over the long term.
What should be offered in the wellness center?
Wellness means something like 'treat yourself to something‘. So what do independent operators of a wellness center want their customers to enjoy? In order to be able to answer that, there must be clarity about the target group and the range of services. Which wellness services should be offered? Exercise and massage offers or relaxation options in a sauna area would be conceivable. Depending on the size of the planned wellness center, a combination of several offers can make sense in order to be able to offer customers a lot of health-active added value. Of course, in addition to one's own professional qualifications, the location also plays a key role in the design of the wellness offer. Ideally, professional wellness services are offered that do not yet exist in this form (supply gap). Of course, the largest possible target group must also be present at the location. However, this can generally be assumed with a view to the deep anchoring of the wellness culture in society.
Tip: start your own business with a niche strategy
Wellness can of course also take on lesser-known or more unconventional forms of business in order to effectively stand out from the competition. Think of one, for example Sound therapy to reduce stress. With a view to marketing, the focus should consistently be on the health-active benefits of wellness. Classically, this is about relaxation and stress relief.
Positioning & business plan
The range of products and services should not only be good for the customer, but also for the entire community Business model! It has to be able to work with if possible large profit margins to address as large a target group as possible. In this respect, the planning aspects mentioned should be worked out holistically in a business plan or coordinated with one another in a goal-oriented manner. This creates a coherent business idea with sustainable development potential. And the work on a convincing business plan can literally pay off if external donors recognize the opportunities of the wellness center and participate with capital. Depending on the scope and size of the wellness center, a lot of this is sometimes needed.
Central contents of the business plan for a wellness center:
- strategic positioning: which wellness areas does the center cover? What is the demand situation and competition at the chosen location?
- Location: a comprehensive location analysis shows the advantages of individual options
- Unique selling point: What is special about the wellness center? Why should customers choose it and not go to the competition?
- Target group: Who should the offer be aimed at (this also applies to the visual appearance)?
- Products / Services: Which range of services offers customers attractive added value?
- Pricing policy (calculation): What profit margins are targeted? What is the minimum workload required to run the business profitably?
- Additional services (added value!): Examples: Expert advice in certain health areas, special massage or relaxation techniques.
Opening a wellness studio: what costs can be expected?
The more extensive the range of services and the larger the premises, the higher the investment and fixed costs will be. For renovation work and the establishment of the wellness center, large sums of money will sometimes have to be raised, which entrepreneurs will usually not be able to cover with existing equity. In this respect, all funding opportunities should be consistently exhausted from the start. In all attempts to acquire capital, the business plan basically acts as a calling card in order to be able to present the uniqueness of your own business idea.
Overview: possible costs for opening a wellness center
- if applicable, costs for training / further education measures and start-up seminars
- Bureaucratic and consulting costs (authorities, tax advisors, etc.)
- Costs for renovation work and the establishment
- if necessary costs for technical equipment (e.g. for saunas)
- Rental and energy costs, insurance costs
- Personnel costs
Ideally, financial reserves should be available or created in the start-up phase in order to maintain the entrepreneurial ability to act even in times of crisis (keyword: liquidity).
Qualifications & know-how: Knowing what is good for customers ...
Starting your own business with a wellness center requires right from the start, Making decisions from the customer's point of view. What do my customers want or for what reasons should they visit the wellness center as often as possible? Ultimately, the entire range has to be of professional quality that will delight customers over the long term. Only in this way will it be possible to use the desirable customer loyalty as a critical business factor for yourself. So start-ups should only become self-employed in wellness areas that they are very familiar with. Otherwise, there is the possibility of gaining professional experience first or of preparing for self-employment with special specialist courses. For example, there is a certified sauna and thermal bath manager course at the IHK. Apart from that, the following job profiles are also a possible basis for starting your own business with a wellness center: Physiotherapist, masseur, alternative practitioner, health care worker or medical lifeguard. These professions would result in a specialization with health-related added value for customers of the wellness center.
Marketing for the new wellness studio
In view of the mentioned professional background for prospective self-employed persons, it is certainly an advantage for marketing to be able to distinguish yourself as an experienced expert in a certain area. This should be done right from the start with a modern and search engine optimized homepage in order to give the wellness center a face. In addition to services, prices and opening times, the rooms can also be presented interactively. Ideally, customers can already book services and / or appointments online, so that a high level of occupancy can also be ensured in this way. Regardless of a website, Facebook and Co. should also be used to spread campaigns (e.g. wellness taster days with special prices) and to stay in contact with customers. Flyers and advertisements in regional newspapers or radio advertisements are very effective instruments for increasing awareness, keeping people talking and, above all, attracting customers with an affinity for wellness.
Practical tip: selling vouchers and improving liquidity
If you want to give someone a special gift, you will probably not be averse to a wellness voucher. In this respect, the sale of vouchers should be advertised online and offline, especially on special occasions such as Christmas. In order to improve liquidity and to retain customers in the long term, prepaid cards are an option worth considering. For example, customers receive a 10% discount for 100 euros. Since high revenues are generated immediately, liquidity can be improved in the long term despite discounts. For their part, customers enjoy the benefits of the discount and flexible redemption.
Business registration as a central requirement
Business founders should consider which legal form makes the most sense for opening a wellness center. In addition to financing options and entrepreneurial freedom of action, liability aspects should come to the fore in the decision. Regardless of the choice of a specific legal form, the self-employed should register a business for their wellness center before the official opening of the business. The trade license is the official legitimation to run such a business. Whether and to what extent a permit requirement can be expected depends on the range of services to be described. As a rule, evidence relating to the premises will also have to be submitted. An early discussion with the trade office can show which specific evidence founders have to submit with a view to their own business idea. The business registration will also entail the tax registration of the activity at the tax office. Furthermore, a compulsory membership in the Chamber of Commerce and Industry is established.
Starting your own business with a wellness studio: summary for planning your business start-up
- Wellness has become an integral part of health-oriented culture
- Attractive business prospects: Germany has one of the world's largest wellness markets with high sales in the billions
- The competition is correspondingly great, which requires clever strategic positioning from the start
- It must therefore be clear in the business plan what is meant by wellness and which target group is to be addressed with which pricing policy
- All financing options must be checked for the sometimes high capital requirements. The business plan must not leave any doubts about the profitability of the business model
- In-depth knowledge of the wellness areas on offer is essential in order to offer customers convincing quality. This will be very important for customer loyalty
- Open a wellness center: the business registration represents a central formality in order to officially run the business.
- There is a carnival in Bilbao, Spain
- Why did Detroit become so popular
- Why are typography rules necessary
- How is the MVC architecture used in Java
- Why is Russia ambivalent about climate change
- What is the Chardham Yatra
- What is the Gaussian distribution 1
- Could Overwatch do a 5th grade
- Why is there clamshell packaging
- What is a billion dollar app idea
- Who is the father of rap music
- Can I assemble a cheap laptop
- How normal is my brain
- Why is antimatter associated with the charge
- What is the best user interface automation framework
- Adrian Lamo could hack into the ISS
- What are the idle temperatures of your GPU CPU
- Where is HCL located in Noida
- What rhymes with Israel
- Why is Quora the biggest blog spot
- How does newsql keep ACID
- Should we consider NPS as a retirement plan
- How does the engine speed affect the exhaust emissions?
- How do people like to feel?