What can I feed African gray parrots
African gray parrots
Thoughts before buying
Behavior of African gray parrots
Buy a parrot - checklist
African gray parrot buy
African gray parrot - attitude
Dangers in the home
African gray parrot - forage
African gray parrot - diseases
Employment and games
Learn to speak
|African gray parrots are very demanding when it comes to nutrition. Depending on the age, sex, accommodation, season, species and activity of the animal, there are differences, so that one should not fall back on "universal" feed mixtures from pet shops. It is much better to make a balanced, healthy mixture of fruits, vegetables, nuts, millet, corn and grains yourself. But here, too, there are a few things to consider. You should never feed nuts with their shell on, as there is a risk that the African gray parrots will become infected with Aspergillus and become sick. Avocados are also very dangerous. They are poisonous for the animals and should therefore not be mixed into the food, just like lemons, grapefruit, rhubarb and plums, which are incompatible with African gray parrots. |
Vitamins are essential for African gray parrots. An animal that is only fed on grains usually lives less than 10 years.
A balanced diet rich in vitamins is important. Particularly popular with most African gray parrots are apples, pineapples, bananas, pears, strawberries, melons, grapes, cherries, mandarins and raspberries as well as peas, endive, eggplant, fennel, radishes, tomatoes, rose hips, caraway and tarragon which are mixed well with grains can. Just try it out and offer your parrot as much as possible to find out what it likes and what it doesn't. Every animal has a different taste.
However, you should be careful when adding pure vitamins. Although the birds need special vitamins during moulting, breeding or illness, an overdose is just as bad as a deficiency.
Therefore, one should refrain from using preparations and rather give the parrots all the vitamins they need through fruit and vegetables.
|African gray parrots also need small amounts of animal protein to stay healthy. Offer boiled egg, yogurt or cottage cheese once a week. The bird should have fresh water available every day and be offered some vegetable juice or herbal tea once a week. African gray parrots also need calcium. You should therefore also try eggshells, dandelions, mineral stones and sepia shells. Calcium deficient parrots are very prone to cramping, bone loss and malformation. So make sure that your animal is always well supplied with calcium.|
- What is programmatic marketing
- Is a candy bar candy
- Work free dating websites
- Is there work for a history focus
- What is isoentropy
- How can I help end global warming
- Who performs dental imaging in a practice
- If a movie trailer is considered in the public domain
- Who is Asdas Marketing Director
- How to lock an unlocked phone
- Is Iran a better negotiator than Trump?
- How can you have fun with Google
- What are the basics in photography
- How can I earn 20,000 a month
- Can we bring Imperial Japan back?
- Was evolution an Islamic theory?
- What is a basic essay
- How well would a vertical television sell?
- What does technical force mean
- How can I ask for confirmation
- What are some behavioral adaptations of zebras
- What does the on-demand execution cycle mean
- Who is better Lebron or Kobe
- How useful is Abel Ruffini's theorem
- Is Airbnb a worthwhile rental investment
- Can the world survive without the Amazon
- How to manage fitness centers
- Which large news network is the most
- Is Ramayanam right or wrong
- How big is a red wolf
- What are debilitating sanctions
- Was Marla Singer really in the Fight Club
- Is insanity the cancer of the 21st century
- When did the big band era begin?