Have you ever come across a paranormal entity?
The inexplicable phenomenon of consciousness
World riddles from the perspective of modern science pp 273-365 | Cite as
- Hermann Helbig
The existence of thinking or conscious matter represents one of the greatest riddles of mankind. Even the term “intelligence”, which is somewhat easier to grasp compared to consciousness, causes great difficulties (both have consequences even in modern computer technology). After all, essential aspects of our rational reasoning can be characterized quite well and even formally described in various logic systems or simulated in artificial intelligence programs. However, it is not yet clear whether and how the emergent phenomenon of consciousness and the so-called qualia (color sensation, feeling of happiness, etc.) can be traced back to the activity of our neurons or body cells, which is closely related to the so-called body-soul problem. - Conscious thinking can hardly be separated from the use of natural language by humans, which is strongly determined by their social behavior. Understanding language is therefore also linked to theories of action and the intentions of the speaker and listener. - A very difficult problem is the influence of the subconscious on human behavior, as it has been particularly studied by depth psychology. In this area there are references to the 'extra-sensory perceptions', which are usually treated very dubiously by occult currents, which have still not been sufficiently scientifically investigated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors and Affiliations
- Why does telomerase cause cancer
- How long do rainbows usually last
- What is absolutely in this world
- When did the big band era begin?
- Which president has united this country the most?
- How much money do bartenders make
- Is it possible to eliminate wisdom?
- Which seismic waves have the shortest wave length?
- What is the meaning of the word okay
- What is bankruptcy
- Why should a narcissist break up
- Phosphatidylserine improves memory
- What do feminists think of manscaping
- What will amaze me
- Why are military officers politicians
- How can I test my nervous system
- What are some good films about science
- How can I choose the right tiles
- What stabilizes a protein
- What software does an Android phone use
- Do Kegel exercises really work
- Why don't people believe in police brutality?
- What does CRF Medical
- When are chromatids separated