How is the blue tape different
PP vs. PVC packaging tape: the differences
The choice is huge, especially when it comes to packaging tape. Various colors, lengths, widths, adhesives and materials are available in the packaging material shop. Terms and abbreviations such as PP, PVC or natural rubber are often neglected. These factors play a key role in choosing the right adhesive tape. With the naked eye, there is actually no difference between PP and PVC packaging tape. However, there are significant differences in quality between them.
For the normal consumer, the differences between PP and PVC tape do not play a major role - as the saying goes in Swabian - the main thing is that it shakes. For professional shipping, there are a few things to consider when it comes to adhesive tape:
- Dimensions: the adhesive rolls are usually 66 meters long. These can vary in width. In the shop we offer standard widths from 50 mm to wide adhesive tape of 75 mm.
- Presentation: Packaging tape is also a very good marketing tool. Color accents can be set - not just brown or transparent - it can also be individualized with a logo. A warning tape can also be used for better transport protection.
- Load capacity: depending on the type of product, when choosing the right adhesive tape, pay attention to the load (strength).
- temperature: Storage in a cold store, air freight or standard shipping by transport service? Different temperatures affect a package. When buying packaging tape, you should therefore pay attention to the raw material PP and PVC.
- Handling: Different types of packaging tape also have different properties: Light, quiet and even unwinding can improve handling.
The structure of a packing tape
Commercially available adhesive tapes consist of a plastic film that is coated on one side with adhesive. Various types of film and paper can be used as a carrier for the adhesive. As a rule, packaging tape is made with three to four layers.
- Release coating: ensures a quiet unwinding
- Carrier material: determines the tear strength as well as the elongation properties. The material used here is polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), filament or paper.
- Adhesion promoter: is also called a primer in the industry. It ensures that the adhesive properly adheres to the carrier material.
- Adhesive: ensures the locking security. Through the use of different types of adhesive such as hotmelt, natural rubber and acrylate, the sealing agent can adhere securely to almost any surface.
PP or PVC packing tape? Here are the differences
PP and PVC are modern plastics, more precisely thermoplastics, which melt when exposed to strong heat and can then be shaped as required. The first patent for PVC dates back to 1912, while PP was developed in the 1950s. After polyethylene (PE), polypropylene is in second place and polyvinyl chloride in third place of the most commonly used standard plastics worldwide. This speaks for the versatility and the many positive properties of both carrier materials.
|PP packing tape||PVC packing tape|
Environmentally friendly production process
Suitable for different adhesive masses
- How good is YuYu Hakusho
- Why have my Facebook likes decreased
- Are you back in New Mexico
- Should I give them up 3
- What is the capital of Zambia
- What does improvisation mean musically
- What happens after an eviction order
- Chakras can be too open
- If x 43 31 what is x
- Why do malls go back
- What are the advantages of SF6 circuit breakers
- How did Jorah Mormont come to be friends?
- Why is it illegal to download YouTube videos?
- Most murders are within the same race
- Can dead see the future
- Has Mark Twain come out of poverty
- How big is a number
- Where's OTP
- What is the earliest example of gerrymandering
- Why is home so great
- Awareness is required for intelligence to develop
- Should I take IB Psych or Music
- Puritans forbade Christmas
- Should the industry standard be separated