What is the French term for punch
Grandma's recipe for red mulled wine
Warning, the following recipe is only for adults.
Now is the best time to try Grandma's mulled wine, with or without rum. Our red mulled wine is a classic during the Christmas season. With a shot, as punch, it contains more alcohol than mulled wine, but has just as much a Christmas flavor. Punch is perfect when you just need something stronger.
Just make mulled wine yourself
For your mulled wine base, it is best to use a red wine that is low in acidity and tannins. So a mild red wine. Dornfelder, Merlot or Pinot Noir, for example, are well suited.
The shot for the mulled wine
If you want it to get stronger, add a dash of rum to the mulled wine. it fits in taste. You can use white or brown rum, depending on your taste. Brown rum is more aromatic while white rum is more tasteless.
Amaretto or herbal schnapps, such as Jägermeister, are also suitable. The stronger the added schnapps, the stronger the mulled wine will be. An alcohol content of around 7% easily becomes over 15%.
The difference between punch and mulled wine
Often times, both drinks are used interchangeably, but there is one key difference.
While the mulled wine, as the name suggests, has a base of wine that is enriched with spices, punch in its original form consists only of hot water, which is seasoned and enriched with high-percentage alcohol.
The origin of the two hot drinks could not be more different: While the mulled wine comes from Europe, the origin of punch is in Asia (India is generally considered to be the country of origin).
Nowadays the term punch is used for a variety of types of flavored hot drinks and still has little to do with the actual hot drink.
You can change the taste of your mulled wine with the following variants:
- 80 ml of orange juice, cherry juice or blackcurrant juice give it a fruity aroma
- fresh orange also looks nice in the cup. Cut in a few slices and let them sit with you.
- Let 1 vanilla pod infuse. Lightly scratch them beforehand.
- Let 3 prunes steep
Photo credits: Unless otherwise indicated: © Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or © Unsplash.com.
As an Amazon partner, I earn from qualified purchases. The references marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on such a referral link and shop via this link, I will receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to make our recipes available free of charge. For you the price doesn't change.
- We'll get a job after graduation
- What is an archive bit
- How is fashion design at Sharda University
- Where's Freddie Mercury's piano
- What is 1 6 plus 1 8
- Why does rice cultivation produce methane
- Who are the most underrated film directors
- How are hydrogen fuel cells stored
- How is Podar College for a BMS
- Who is Naezy Rapper
- Skipping ropes is recommended for thin people
- What is cauliflower fried rice
- Is cheese better than ghee
- AI and robotics are far overwhelmed
- Will peel Italian leather
- Is it worth immigrating to Sweden
- Define Saudi Arabia
- Recycle synthetic oil
- What does decanting wine mean
- What is the best grade in TF2
- Dermatology What is the best facial soap
- Work with a GPS system
- Why do people believe in the Almighty?
- How do you buy an 18 wheeler