How can I become a doula?
With a doula on a birth trip
What training does a doula have?
Doulas, who by the way do not necessarily have to be mothers themselves, learn in their training as they are parents and in particular Pregnant women support them before, during and after the birth of their child pamper and care can. Lisa Zug, for example, completed her training with Melanie Schöne in Karlsruhe, who founded the association Doulas in Germany in 2008. V. founded and trains doulas according to its guidelines. The club is now the largest doula association in Germany.
The training includes, among other things, four course weekends or one intensive week with online training and intensive self-study of selected literature. Prospective doulas learn how they can shape their freelance work and what legal requirements must be observed - for example, that they do not intervene in medical matters allowed to. You will for active listening and non-verbal communication sensitize and gain practical experience in various Feel-good techniques. The contents of the training are Physiology of Birth, the process of a caesarean section and how to deal with different birth processes. Furthermore reflect them if necessary their own birth experiences.
There is also a Doula certificatethat is based on international standards. As part of the certification, the prospective doulas must also prove an internship in a birth preparation course. They also document three childbirth accompaniments that they have made anonymously.
Also the sensitive topic of accompanying Star child parents is dealt with in the doula training, as well as the possibilities of working up a traumatic birth.
Difficult birth: new helpline
Women who have had a previous birth or have had a difficult birth, in particular, seek support from a doula. over stressful birth experiences Mothers in particular can now also use it trained therapists or sex educators speaking of the helpline. The Federal Parents' Initiative Mother Hood and the International Society for Pre- and Perinatal Psychology and Medicine have set up the hotline. A call on the number 0228/ 929 599 70 costs you the usual fees from the German landline network.
- Does the Moto X style have an IR blaster
- What is the diagnosis of pyropoikilocytosis
- What souvenirs should I buy in Honduras
- What do you find pointless
- What's your favorite MST3K episode
- What are the qualities that make a great guitarist?
- Are painters paid more than engineers?
- What was it like to get divorced with children
- Which empire competed with the Holy Roman Empire
- How do glaciers reserve fresh water?
- When will 8K become mainstream?
- What are some cool movie-related usernames
- Does chromotherapy work for adults
- What are potatoes doing
- Why are hard drugs called hard drugs
- What's your secret popcorn recipe
- What do you want most
- The most important invention is the computer
- What do your grades determine
- What caused poetry to decline
- Why is Forbes so against Apple lately
- Is the consumption of rice harmful during typhus?
- Can we kill pain with acupuncture?
- Why are all my decisions going wrong