Why do farmers migrate to urban areas?
Land use and land use change
The growth of cities in the developing world is also going through high self-growth promoted. Usually this is natural Population growth in cities is lower than in rural areasas people have better access to family planning and health services, and food, education and shelter are more difficult and expensive. The immigrant rural population however, has not yet completed the social restructuring process of the urban population, and initially lives on with its traditional values and norms. This leads, at least in the first generation of immigrants, to a high number of children per family.
Push and pull factors
Rural-urban migration is selective with regard to the age, gender and socio-economic background of the migrants. The dynamic population, predominantly young adults or families dominate among economic migrants, which results in an aging population in the regions of emigration. The young age of migrants has a major impact on the cities' high natural growth rates through higher fertility and lower death rates.
Immigration to big cities also affects this Gender ratio. Men dominate the migrations in South Asia and Africa, women those in Latin America and the Philippines. The extended family also has a major influence on urbanization in the Third World (Claaßen 2008, Latz 2007, Pacione 2001).
People migrate from rural to urban areas because of very poor economic conditions in rural areas and not so much from realistic job prospects in the cities. In many cases they will Hopes in the cities not fulfilled. Industry cannot absorb the bulk of the immigrant workers, which is why the tertiary sector and the informal sector in these cities are often oversized. But people continue to migrate to the cities, attracted by the so-called "pull" factors, mostly rather exist in the imagination and not in reality (Claaßen 2008, De Blij, Murphy 2003, Renwick, Rubenstein 1995).
Task: 1. Explain the push-pull model. Explain why the majority of immigrants fail to meet expectations.
- What are some project topics for PharmD
- How do you find the epicenter
- A homogeneous culture is good
- What color of pants goes with an olive shirt
- Which artist sang the song Thats Life
- When was the city of Lisbon founded?
- What does mammalian science contribute to biology
- Is Waze better than Google Maps
- What is meant by TSSET
- Why is IBM laying off old employees
- Will climate change harm us?
- Hard to drive on the Autobahn
- How will the GD Army fill up?
- How could an intentional community use blockchain?
- Is the mesentery an organ
- Who is against net neutrality
- Have you ever fished for grouper?
- Can we ban anime?
- Is Muslim more powerful than Hindu
- How can you prevent knee injuries
- What kind of theater is that
- Why are cats so fluffy
- Is the NSA inoperable?
- What does improvisation mean musically