What is toxoplasmosis in cats
Causes: How does the disease come about?
The causative agent of toxoplasmosis in cats is called Toxoplasma gondii. This is a unicellular parasite whose ultimate host is the cat.
That means: the pathogen can only reproduce with their help. It forms so-called oocysts in their intestines, which the cat excretes with the faeces. These become infectious within a few days of excretion.
However, the parasite can also attack intermediate hosts in which it survives but has no chance of reproducing. This basically includes all warm-blooded animals, including humans. That is why toxoplasmosis is one of the zoonoses.
How are toxoplasmas transmitted to cats?
The toxoplasmosis pathogen is transmitted to cats in two ways:
- Directly: The infectious oocysts enter the cat's body directly. The cat is either in contact with the faeces of infected animals or with the contaminated environment.
- Indirectly: The pathogen can also enter the cat's body via intermediate hosts. These contain inactive forms of toxoplamen (bradyzoites), which become active again in the cat's intestines. Small prey animals of the cat - for example mice - are suitable for this transmission path. The inactive form of toxoplasmosis can also find its way into the cat's body when feeding raw meat.
- Can send photos to prisoners
- What is the biggest secret about Trump
- What are the Best Non-Steroid Supplements
- Why do people like to play bingo
- Is it worth it to become a veterinarian
- IIIT Sri City is a good school
- How does a naturally slim person eat
- How to make a paint holder
- Is the United States of America more authoritative?
- Why is the full moon closer to the earth
- What does it mean to cover the spread
- What is 5 5 15 1
- Why is comedy so subjective
- Prevents weeds from growing your penis
- What are future fire and safety engineers
- What is pragmatism in education
- Why do ghosts frighten people
- Are these ways to make money online?
- Is browser diversity good for the web?
- Did Iran support an independent Chechnya?
- YouTube is a Chinese website
- What are the roles of Google Partnership Manager
- Why are the markets volatile in September?
- What breeds of cows are there
- Which is the main institute of VLCC
- How do I measure developer growth on a regular basis?
- Why do malls go back
- Metallica is working on a new album
- What about bsc agri scope
- Does drinking collagen actually work?
- Mexico has high taxes
- Can someone solve this financial problem
- Skyrim is a waste of time
- What are the advantages of screenless viewing