Does skin renewal work
How does the skin work?
The skin has a multitude of functions. As a stable but flexible cover, it protects the body from harmful environmental influences such as moisture, cold and sun rays as well as from pathogens and toxins.
The appearance of the skin provides a whole range of information at a glance - such as age and health. Many diseases show up in a changed skin color or structure: People with too few red blood cells in the blood are pale, for example, and if the liver is inflamed, the skin turns yellow.
The skin also plays a vital role in regulating body temperature. It protects against dehydration and excessive exposure to extreme heat or cold. In addition, the body absorbs sensory impressions through the skin and makes it possible to feel warmth, cold, pressure, itching or pain. Some of these stimuli trigger a reflex: for example, we automatically pull our hand back if we accidentally touch a hot stove.
The skin also serves as a large reservoir for the body: water and fat can be stored in the subcutaneous tissue, but metabolic products can also be deposited. In addition, products that are important for the whole body are produced here.
In the event of injuries, the skin is supplied with more blood. Various components of the blood protect against inflammation and ensure that the wound can close. Cells later emerge to form new skin and blood vessels. Depending on how deep the wound is, it will heal with or without a scar.
In order to be able to perform all these tasks, the skin has three layers with different properties: the epidermis, the dermis and the subcutaneous tissue. The thickness of the skin also varies depending on the region of the body and the level of stress. The thickness of the skin also depends on a person's age and gender: Overall, older people have thinner, men have thicker skin than women.
- Where's the Playboy mansion
- What noise do barbecues make at night?
- Is there a law on addressing judges?
- Is there an Xfinity app for PS3
- Why did Icarus die in the sea
- Are dogs territorial
- What is the most underrated music video from BTS
- How many sides does a dodecahedron have
- How to make polished concrete
- What are some cool movie-related usernames
- How much does a cheap website cost
- Writing tips Is this piece grammatically correct?
- How does haptic touch feedback work?
- What Can Revive Auto Loans
- Will the magnetic levitation science project work
- Why is Mark Zuckerberg in hearings
- Why are my arms blue
- How does nicotine affect the brain
- Is religion a coping mechanism for humans?
- What is Faculty 5 5
- What is the full name of BTS
- Is Deja Vu related to dreams
- Is my graphics card mining bitcoins
- What kind of animal is a penguin