Why is a rock garden so famous
|No trees, no bushes, only 15 boulders with little green moss on the ground, which are arranged in groups of five, three, two, three and two more stones on the cleanly raked surface of white gravel, make this place so famous for its tranquility and fascination that it exudes. |
The 500-year-old garden was recognized for its uniqueness by the World Heritage Center and was added to the list of World Heritage Sites by Unesco in 1994.
But what captivates the thousands of visitors when they look at the garden from the terrace of the temple? It is hard to imagine that there is no intention behind the design in a Japanese garden. A tigress crossing a lake with her cubs is one of the most popular interpretations. The Chinese symbol for heart or soul can also be recognized with a little imagination. But what is special about the garden may not be what you see, but what lies between the five groups of stones.
A purely mathematical explanation was developed by Gert Van Tonder from the Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies at Kyoto University and his colleagues. They analyzed the position of the stone groups in relation to one another by calculating a kind of skeletal figure. To do this, they determined all points of the line from which the two groups under consideration are each equally far away.
In fact, after numerous attempts, a familiar structure emerged on the screen - the image of a tree. The trunk ends at the exact point on the temple's porch from which visitors usually view the garden.
- How much acetic acid does vinegar contain
- Has Germany committed genocide in Namibia?
- Why do societies promote marriages
- What is meant by emotional images
- How do you hedge yourself with Delta Futures
- What are the best guns in PUBG
- Are Beagles friendly to strangers
- Why is Tyrion such a great fighter
- Why was the universe formed
- How can Walmart grow as a company
- Punctuation is okay here with a comma
- Will CPT CA be carried out in 2019
- Who owns the largest building in Germany?
- Hyperlapse is an important product
- Are cliché anime characters bad
- Have you ever cuddled a big cat?
- Is benzoic acid soluble in benzene
- It is good to always ignore rejection
- What causes post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Who are Chaldaeans in Michigan
- How did Benjamin Franklin invent electricity?
- Should Peyton Manning run for president
- What is albanian food
- What breeds of cows are there