Acronyms What is RTFM
The acronym RTFM is listed in our table in the English category.
Read the damn manual Read the manual, damn it!
Read The F ** king Manual
What are acronyms
The spelling of acronyms usually consists of a string of capital letters. Often, however, a spelling has developed over time that is similar to that of normal nouns (e.g. radar, laser, AIDS, NATO, Unicef). Since acronyms, unlike abbreviations, are written without a terminating point, in such cases it is not possible to tell from the pronunciation or the typeface that it is a made-up word. The reader can usually recognize the acronym from the context of the sentence.
What are acronyms used for?
Acronyms are often used on the Internet to express an action or a mood. LOL (Laughing Out Loud) is the term used when a chatter has to laugh. ROFL (Rolling On (The) Floor Laughing) is another step up, in which case the chatter can barely hold his own with laughter. Like these two examples, most chat acronyms are borrowed from the English language. Another commonly used acronym is AFK (Away From Keyboard). AKF is used to indicate that you are not at the computer. AFK is often used in chat rooms after one's own nickname to show longer absences. Acronyms commonly used on forums are "IMHO" (In My Humble Opinion) and "AFAIK" (As Far As I Know). The acronym RTFM means: Read the damn manual Read the manual, damn it!
The main use is in English.
- What does DDLG stand for in slang?
- What devices do intelligent people use
- Need a break and why
- How does meditation improve productivity
- What distinguishes the University of California
- Why do digital media cost so much
- What does Ticket RAC
- Should I go through one night
- Where is the insert sorting algorithm used?
- What is a native mobile platform application
- What will the Kindle 4 look like?
- Why do I hate being sober
- Which country people download more on the internet
- Are cream cheese bagels healthy?
- Have you ever seen blue fire
- What is propeller advertising
- How do I find a scholarship in China
- What a leader Arvind Kejriwal is
- Mozart was arrogant
- How to calculate the range
- You can be poisoned by tooth decay
- Which SMS service does TalkTo use
- What is thermionic emission
- What is a pork rib made of?