What is to mature in behavior
Aquaplaning - how to behave correctly!
Aquaplaning is caused by heavy rainfall, during which a film of water forms on the asphalt and the car tires have no adhesion to the ground. The vehicle can no longer be steered properly due to the water wedge between the car tires and the asphalt. The car seems to float, which quickly creates stress. Aquaplaning can cause an accident if your aquaplaning behavior is rash. However, you can practice the correct behavior with aquaplaning.
Buy tires - 40% cheaper
What does aquaplaning lead to?
Not every rain inevitably leads to Aquaplaning. The amount of water is decisive. The thicker the film of water on the road, the higher the likelihood of aquaplaning. Water quickly collects under bridges, in valleys and curves. Tires with a good profile have better grip. The risk is higher with worn tires. Also Ruts on older roads promote aquaplaning. You have to adapt your aquaplaning behavior to this.
At what speed does aquaplaning occur and how do I behave correctly?
In addition to the amount of water, the phenomenon is influenced by tire pressure, tire width, driving speed and tread depth. So that the contact between the tires and the ground can be established, the tires of your car should have a minimum profile of 4.0 mm. Otherwise, all assistance systems are ineffective. Aquaplaning occurs from a profile of 3.0 mm and less on wet roads and speeds of around 100 km / h. If your car is up to date in terms of safety, the question “aquaplaning - how to behave?” May not even arise for you.
Aquaplaning on the road can be dangerous. We'll show you how to behave properly. (Source: Catwalkphotos / stock.adobe.com)
Correct aquaplaning behavior: How to avoid an aquaplaning accident
Aquaplaning can cause an accident. That is why the first commandment is: take your foot off the gas! Do not brake or make strong steering movements. As a result, the car only swerves to the right and left. An experienced driver of a vehicle with a manual transmission can depress the clutch and wait for the car to slow down. Then it quickly regains grip.
How do I recognize tires with good wet grip?
Behave correctly with aquaplaning with automatic
The Aquaplaning hazards do not depend on the type of gearbox. Speed and tires are much more important. Therefore, the recommended behavior for aquaplaning with an automatic vehicle is only slightly different from that for a car with a manual transmission. Foot off the gas applies to both types of vehicle. There is aquaplaning when the tires float up.
You can recognize this by the clearly audible rush of water. But what should you do with aquaplaning? On vehicles with automatic transmissions, shift to neutral "N" and wait until contact with the ground is restored. Now the transverse wheels tend to change direction significantly. You must carefully compensate for this. Do not make any sudden steering movements.
A reasonable speed helps against aquaplaning. If the speed is too high, the tire begins to float.
Aquaplaning behavior - defensive and proactive
Correct behavior in case of aquaplaning is essential to avoid an accident. The tricky thing about aquaplaning: It occurs suddenly and its extent is difficult to estimate. Considered, foresighted behavior during aquaplaning helps to avoid accidents. In doing so, you should consider the behavior of others during aquaplaning. Heavy rain is often accompanied by poor visibility, so keep a good distance from the car in front.
Buy tires - 40% cheaper
You might also be interested in:
- South Africa is an African state
- Is kinetic energy convertible into work
- What are the side effects of Mentat
- Which company can Microsoft buy
- How are bicycles designed
- Is YouTube becoming the future of television
- What's the name of the people from Colorado
- Which is more common psychopath or sociopath
- Is it possible to stop taking anxiety medication?
- How do I download games from Google
- Why are some people so intolerably ticklish
- What is the cause of solar winds
- What does * mean when writing SMS
- Clearly, there is a downside to writing
- What are Affordable Food Outlet Franchises
- A new Titanic is being built
- Why is social media so popular
- Ram Rajya is only intended for Hindus
- What are some project topics for PharmD
- What made Brian Wilson's music so popular
- Would Tesla do another round of layoffs
- Have you ever broken the copyright rules?
- Are Zelda games RPGs
- What is the real technique of football