Which hormone is responsible for the concentration?
Regulation of hormones
Hormones regulate our metabolism, body temperature, salt and water balance, circulation, behavior and much more. But how does the body know which hormones to produce so that our body is in balance?
Regulation by hormonal control circuits
So-called control loops control the production of most hormones. The different hormonal glands stimulate or slow each other down. In addition, hormones can act on their own gland of origin or a superordinate gland and influence the amount of hormones. Many hormones are also regulated with the help of such "feedback circuits", in which the amount of a hormone that has already been formed promotes or reduces its own production.
The hypothalamus in the brain pours this out Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (Gn-RH). Gn-RH reaches the pituitary gland (pituitary gland) with the blood and causes the formation of luteinizing hormone (LH) and Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). FSH and LH are transported to the ovaries in the bloodstream and trigger the production of sex hormones in the female body (Estrogens and Progestin) out. The body then reports to the hypothalamus and pituitary gland that the ovaries are producing high levels of estrogen. Now the hypothalamus "knows" that the body has enough estrogen and it curbs its Gn-RH production. This reduces the LH and FSH production in the pituitary gland and, as a consequence, also the estrogen production in the ovaries.
Rhythms in the body
Some hormones are formed and released according to a certain rhythm: Many hormones are formed in a daily, monthly or annual rhythm. For example, the concentration of the "stress and activity hormone" cortisone is highest in the morning and lowest at night. At the beginning of a woman's menstrual cycle, on the other hand, the ovaries produce a lot of estrogen just before ovulation.
Mental stress or physical exertion cause more cortisone and adrenaline to be formed and released. The body produces digestive hormones and insulin for food intake.
- Everyone recommends CDNs in Australia and why
- What is the Thai word for hello?
- Why does Batman like Catwoman
- What is precision in measurement
- What is the name of a Hindu prayer
- What causes a computer to crash
- Social security is going away
- Which countries have bears
- Homosexuality has an evolutionary function
- How to cook a black chicken
- Why is Kerala flood disaster politicized
- Will someone hire me?
- Where can a circuit be used
- How can we improve lung capacity
- What are divorce rates in China
- How do vitamins affect the body?
- Where are VCB and ACB used
- Why are some star maps slightly oval
- Can a Christian return salvation
- Who is better Lebron or Kobe
- Why does everyone want a government job
- Some children are just not lovable
- What are some overrated things about Christmas
- Is intelligence as a characteristic sustainable