Why does soapy water taste sweet
No autumn without pears
Abbé Fétel (Abate Fetel): White, juicy and very sweet pulp with a pleasantly mild, fruity aroma. Harvest from September.
Alexander Lucas: white, gritty and crumbly; juicy pulp; Taste sweet and sour and not particularly aromatic. Is often used for compotes. Harvest from November.
Yellow Möstler: firm, spicy, with a lot of acidity and tart, must and schnapps at the end of September.
Mollebusch: very hard shell, taste is pleasantly sweet with a good aroma. Fruits are ripe for harvest from the end of September and can be kept for around four weeks.
Countess of Paris: Yellowish white juicy flesh, predominantly sweet, hardly sour taste. Harvest from October, 3-4 weeks later ready to eat.
Green Pichel Pear: high sugar, acid and tannin content, results in good single-variety must, rather crisp in taste, October.
Good Luise: fine-celled, juicy, sweet, melts on the tongue; strong and aromatic pear taste. Are very suitable for drying. Harvest from September.
Emperor Alexander (Bosc's bottle pear): Fine-grained, whitish-yellow pulp with a juicy and sweet, pleasantly aromatic and mild taste. Harvest from October.
Bacon pear: popular cider pear, lots of sugar, little acid and tannin when fully ripe, October.
Williams Bon Chrétien (Bartlett, Williams Christ): Yellowish-whitish, very juicy and soft pulp with a fine, sweet, typical Williams taste. Harvest in August.
Tips for harvest and storage
- Ripe pears spoil relatively quickly. Pome fruit is best picked on sunny days after the dew has dried.
- Store only picked fruit - windfalls usually have bruises or injuries, where the fruit begins to rot earlier. So it is better to use windfalls immediately.
- Before storing in the basement, the room and shelves should be cleaned thoroughly. Soapy water or warm vinegar water are ideal for this.
- If possible, the camp should be laid out separately according to the variety and ripening period. Early varieties produce the ripening gas ethylene and thereby also accelerate the aging of winter apples.
- Do not store fruit and vegetables together. Ethylene also ages vegetables prematurely.
- An exchange of air should be able to take place in the storage room. Fresh air prevents mold and rot.
- The stored goods should be checked once a week. Throw away any rotten / moldy fruit found or cut out the rotten areas generously and process them.
- Do not leave the rubbish bin with rotten fruit in the storage room
- Pears ripen quickly and are therefore in good hands in the cellar.
- You can find fruit trees for harvesting at mundraub.org
- Seasonal calendar: When are pears harvested in Austria?
- Perry: This is how it's made, this is how you can buy it.
Recipes with pears
- What do angel wings mean
- How can I change someone negatively
- What features does Viber
- Is Nico di Angelo gay?
- Why are the laws of physics inevitable
- What is a mosasaur
- What is Jacobsen Syndrome
- Who converted Sanskrit to Hindi
- What are some great 90s nursery rhymes
- Which celebrities in Turkey are Turkish Alevis
- What are the Benefits of Bikram Yoga
- What should i do now 42
- Why are telephones useful
- When will MHA IB publish ACIO results
- What is the Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
- What is media and social control
- Will get Redmi 5 MIUI 10
- What is Log 6 1
- SAT is an acronym
- Why is Daikon imported to Mongolia
- What is the difference between up and down
- What's your favorite beach on Maui
- Can I crack the GMAT at the age of 36?
- How to put on tuxedo pants