What is a primary purpose of email
Email Marketing Benchmark
The consulting agency Absolit published interesting facts about the use of digital marketing in 67 industries in their recently published email marketing benchmark study. In the course of this study, 3,056 companies were precisely analyzed and evaluated. Gain exciting insights into the ups and downs of current email marketing.
Process of the benchmark study
More than 3,000 German corporations were examined for their email and digital marketing activities based on 66 criteria. A further 1,271 of these companies were examined more closely for address acquisition, legal security and automation. The determined test winners were then evaluated in detail with the help of twenty parameters for the design and mobile optimization of your newsletter. The professional approach at the two companies Best Practices and Status Quo was documented, which serve as marketing guidelines.
Percentage balance of the benchmark study
- 80% of companies do email marketing
- 73% have a publicly available newsletter
- 91% of them actively use it to acquire new customers
- 43% encrypt their registration form with HTTPS
- 84% collect personal data when registering
- A third also asked about preferences and interests
- A quarter do not use a double opt-in when obtaining addresses
- 53% protect their sender address using the Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
- 69% send through professional email service providers
- 65% do not send a welcome email to new subscribers
- 72% of the newsletters are optimized for mobile use
- 80% of the landing pages also have a responsive design
Analysis - The strengths and weaknesses in email marketing
The sectors tested show some major differences. The retail sector achieves excellent results with its professional email marketing. B2B corporations, financial service providers and energy suppliers, on the other hand, bring up the rear. German email marketing lacks innovation and creativity.
Automation is also a major challenge. Although a lot of customer data has been known since registration, it is often not used. Personalized newsletters move more and more into the background, regardless of the user's expectations of being addressed individually. Even the traditional welcome email, which has been proven to have high opening rates, is completely absent from two thirds of the subscribers. Only thirty-six percent of all subjects and “preview texts” are displayed in the mailbox without any problems, although these are decisive as to whether an e-mail is inviting to read.
Another weak point is the shipping system. Only a few companies send legally secure using security certificates. A third of the companies do not provide any information about the use of data or possible right of withdrawal. These resulting legal deficiencies can lead to expensive warnings.
Despite the setbacks in the basic area, there are definitely positive things. Responsive design newsletters turn out to be a strength of German email marketing. Companies are moving with the times and are seeing the need for easy-to-read e-mails on a variety of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Corresponding landing pages are also offered in a mobile-optimized manner and are geared towards the needs of end consumers.
Our conclusion on the benchmark study
E-mail marketing has become indispensable nowadays, but it definitely needs improvement. You can purchase the complete benchmark study as well as a free download version from Absolit. Put value on professional online marketing in your company in the future. We would be happy to analyze your email marketing and give you clear suggestions for optimization. Contact us now.
- How will Spacex refuel on Mars
- What makes normal Muslims radical Muslims
- Which email validation services accept PayPal
- Airborne works
- Why do amusement parks ban selfie sticks
- What are the districts of Pampanga
- What is your experience with SimplyGoLive?
- What are CR and LF
- Why is IBM laying off old employees
- You can embark on a ruthless murderer
- What is meant by literacy
- How can I train the golf swing
- How Much Can Top Bodybuilders Bench Press
- Memphis Tennessee is a conservative city
- What's different between hugging and cuddling
- Has the MOOC bubble burst?
- What is a 2L pet blowing machine
- What are the safest coffee cup lids
- Where can I learn market research
- What is the development of the algae
- How many users does Forrst
- Can we play Megapolis offline
- Yelp is an e-commerce company
- What is the Andy Grove fallacy