How can I make my wrist fat


The first point of contact for tendinitis is yours Family doctor. A visit to the doctor is advisable if, among other things, you sit at the computer frequently and for long periods and experience pain in your wrist, arm or shoulder. Athletes who experience pain in their feet or legs should also consult a doctor. Sometimes it is advisable to visit a specialist, such as one Orthopedic surgeons or Sports doctor.

The doctor asks in one Patient discussion first your medical history (anamnesis). For example, the following questions are important:

  • Which symptoms do you have exactly (e.g. pain, redness, swelling)?
  • Where are the complaints located exactly?
  • How long have the symptoms existed and how severe are they?
  • What time of day do the symptoms occur? During the day, at night?
  • Are there situations in which the symptoms improve, for example at rest?
  • Do the complaints increase with certain activities?
  • What is your profession? Office and computer work, manual work, etc.
  • Are there activities in your everyday life that are unusually stressful for you? Sports, PC games, gardening

These and other questions will help the doctor estimate what it might be.

As part of a physical exam The doctor also examines and palpates the affected part of the body. Pain, swelling, redness and tenderness are usually easy to identify. Usually the doctor can quickly diagnose “tendinitis”.

The diagnosis is rarely still unclear. Then further investigations follow imaging procedures. They are supposed to bring light into the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons and optic sheaths. Examples are an x-ray or an ultrasound examination.

If a bacterial infection or rheumatic disease is suspected as the cause of the tendinitis, a Blood test be helpful.