How does heterochromia affect eyesight?
How iris heterochromia develops - different Eye colors
Have you ever met someone who has two different colored eyes? Experts refer to this phenomenon as iris heterochromia.
How iris heterochromia develops - different eye colors
A person's eye color is genetically determined. Depending on the amount of melanin contained in the iris, also called the iris, its color falls out. Melanin is a yellowish to reddish or brown to black endogenous dye which, in addition to coloring the eyes, also causes the hair and skin to be colored.
In the eye, less melanin results in a blue coloration of the iris, while more melanin results in a brown coloration. With two different eye colors, the deposits of the dye in the respective eye are therefore different.
Iris heterochromia and different eye colors - What forms are there?
Complete iris heterochromia
Iris heterochromia can be divided into three main forms:
On the one hand, there is complete heterochromia, in which both eyes are completely different in color.
In the other two cases, the iris itself is two-colored. One color is usually dominant, while the other is in the background or only covers a small area of the iris. This variant is found more often and is also known as "Iris bicolor" among ophthalmologists.
Sectoral iris heterochromia
In sectorial iris heterochromia, only part of the iris is colored differently than all of the rest.
Central iris heterochromia
The central iris heterochromia forms a narrow ring directly on the pupil in a color that is different from the rest of the eye.
Overall, around 1% of the world's population has two or more different colors in the eyes. However, this phenomenon does not only occur in humans, certain types of dogs and cats are also affected.
The eyesight of the affected organism is not restricted by iris heterochromia, but in rare cases the appearance can indicate a disease. This can lead to iris inflammation, which can develop into cataracts, but which can usually be surgically removed.
- What are the types of radio waves
- What if Mike Pence is secretly gay
- What is poisonous body language
- The symbiosis law entrance test is easy
- How do I love without manipulating
- Gilroy California is safer than Oakland
- Why should a person be worldly
- What are the origins of Capoeira
- What is Judas Priest's most successful song
- What are some telnet applications
- Can robots paint
- Why should you move to Andorra
- Who was Zedekiah in the Bible
- How good is Surface Go
- How do little boys dress?
- How long are the penguins' legs really
- Why am i so soft
- What is UTM and its function
- What are phototrophs
- Which plug-in is recommended for social postings?
- Can anything be really square
- Do jeans go well with boots
- How does R compare to SPSS
- What are the advantages of warehouse labeling
- How can I critically analyze a film
- Where to find jobs for business analysis
- What is every gay man's worst nightmare
- May Indian BTS
- All lies are fraudulent
- Where is Kudremukh in India
- What do you miss about Governor Schwarzenegger
- What's your favorite old game
- Which is the most energy efficient item
- Is the MIT ISBJ Girls Hostel good