Mold can grow in alcohol
Remove mold in the apartment yourself
Once the mold is there, it will spread - if you do nothing. Which home remedies help against mold, how to prevent it and when to get a professional.
Small mold damage can be removed by yourself. In the case of large-scale infestation, however, the professional has to work. If the mold takes up an area of more than one square meter, a specialist company should be commissioned. Specialist companies can be requested from the health authorities.
Moisture causes mold to grow
Mold always grows where there is enough moisture. Typical places in the house where mold quickly forms are window reveals, silicone joints in the bathroom, the corners on outside walls, the wall behind the furniture in the bedroom and in the basement. A lack of air exchange does the rest. Often, however, it is also simply the circumstances: a family of four produces ten to twelve liters of water every day through cooking, washing and breathing alone. A lot of ventilation has to be done.
A lack of air exchange is the crux of the matter
Too little air exchange is often the crux of the matter. Lack of ventilation, insufficient heating and poor thermal insulation are common causes of mold. But moisture also gets into the house through so-called thermal bridges - leaks - or cracks in the facade or roof. A third cause is accidents, such as a broken pipe or a hole in the roof through which water penetrates.
Home remedies for mold
When removing mold, you have to wear protective clothing and open the windows. Gloves, glasses and a breathing mask marked P2 are essential. Only then are the infected areas wiped several times with a soaked cloth or sponge. These must then be disposed of in a bag with the household waste. And with this you can soak the rag:
- 70 percent alcohol: If the mold infestation is small and superficial, consumers can fight it themselves. 70 percent alcohol - also known as medical alcohol - is particularly suitable for this.
- Hydrogen peroxide or denatured alcohol: Another mold killer is hydrogen peroxide. Cleansers containing chlorine should be avoided because the vapors can cause irritation of the mucous membranes. Denatured alcohol also helps.
- Vinegar for metal and ceramics: vinegar can also be used to tackle mold. The antibacterial effect is only successful on metal or ceramics.
Prevent mold with ventilation and heating
If you internalize a few rules, you can reduce the risk of a renewed infestation. Correct ventilation is the be-all and end-all: in the morning and in the evening with the window open, ventilate the room for five to ten minutes. Continuous heating is also a rule. To do this, set the thermostats to your personal "comfort temperature" and do not change any more.
Close the bathroom door after showering
After showering, the bathroom door should be kept closed. Otherwise, the water vapor will spread throughout the apartment. It is better to regularly check the shaft ventilation in the windowless bathroom. Each room should also be individually heated and ventilated. And the bed in the bedroom stands for better air circulation with a little space on an outside wall.
Fight mold effectively
- © dpaClean tile joints properly
- © dpaFight mold with alcohol
- © dpaRemove deep-seated mold
BerlinFinder: mold removal
| Updated: February 15, 2021
Mold in the apartment
- What are some alternatives to plastic cutlery
- Who and where is God
- What is blue steel
- Is not the entrance exam very difficult
- Biology What are the most recently living vertebrates
- How is heaven like a Catholic 1
- Construction careers are underestimated
- Why do people need rituals
- Supports Realme XT Fortnite
- Will Airbnb increase the rent
- Is Australia an atheist country
- Are all countries of the world capitalist
- Programming What is a framework
- What are the best French door fridges
- Can OCD make a person smarter
- What are good cake selling ideas
- What are some good underground rock bands
- What are some pimple creams that work
- Is Avenger Film is for children
- Drama originated in the UK
- Why does telomerase cause cancer
- Why is my steak tough and tough
- Can children be hoarders
- What is the upcoming BJP manifesto