What is meant by insurance
Fully comprehensive or partially comprehensive
We explain to you what fully comprehensive and partially comprehensive insurance are:
- Fully comprehensive or partially comprehensive: these are the differences
- What the partial insurance pays (benefits)
- What the comprehensive insurance pays (benefits)
- Fully comprehensive or partially comprehensive: What is worthwhile for my car?
- 2 savings tips for fully comprehensive and partially comprehensive insurance
Difference between fully comprehensive and partially comprehensive
In contrast to motor vehicle liability insurance, comprehensive insurance is not compulsory in Germany. While liability insurance covers damage to third parties, comprehensive insurance pays for damage to your own car.
The difference between fully comprehensive and partially comprehensive insurance is:
- Partial car insurance: It pays for damage caused by external influences.
- Comprehensive car insurance: It pays for damage caused to your car by you or a third party (e.g. vandalism).
What the partial insurance pays (benefits)
The partial comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by external influences, for example the weather. The following damage is already insured with the partial comprehensive insurance:
The partially comprehensive insurance pays for damage to your vehicle in the event of accidents with wildlife. Basically, according to § 2 of the Federal Hunting Act, “game damage” only means collisions with haired game. These include:
- Roe deer
- Elk deer
One tip: A simple partial comprehensive insurance usually does not cover marten damage or other animal bites. Such damage is insured with Allianz Direct. In addition, Allianz Direct insures collisions with all animals - including animals that are not wild.
Breakage of the glazing
In addition to accidents, stone chips and hail are the most common causes of glass damage.
Because drivers and vehicle owners can rarely protect their vehicle from this, it is worth taking out partial comprehensive insurance. Because a new windshield normally costs between 400 and 800 euros. With comprehensive insurance, you only pay your deductible (for example 150 euros), the rest is covered by the insurance. By the way, with Allianz Direct you don't have to pay a deductible if you have your car window repaired.
Damage caused by natural forces
In the case of damage caused by natural forces, it should be noted that the insurance only pays the costs if the weather can be proven to have caused the damage. Confirmation by the weather department is necessary for this, for example. The amount of payment for vehicle parts or accessories depends on the insurance company.
In this case, the partially comprehensive insurance usually only covers the costs in the event of direct damage. She then pays, for example, for repair costs (minus the deductible). The prerequisite for this is that
- you were not responsible for the damage yourself because of the storm,
- you inform your insurance company immediately so that they can hire an appraiser and
- wind force seven was present in the event of storm damage.
The scope of services usually includes damage caused by roof tiles, falling branches or fallen trees. The exact conditions and information are usually set out in your insurance conditions.
If individual items are stolen from your car: The insurance only pays for those who an integral part of the vehicle are, so are firmly mounted in it. These include, for example
- built-in navigation systems,
- built-in radios or also
- Steering wheels.
In most cases, the accessories are only insured if they are permitted in traffic and are used for the vehicle. In principle, partial coverage does not pay for sunglasses, laptops or smartphones. In such a case, you should check whether your home insurance covers the cost of the items.
The following items are insured with partial coverage:
- Warning triangle
- First aid kit
- standard tool
You can often find a precise description of the insured items in your insurance conditions.
Short circuit, fire & explosion
Some insurance providers also cover short circuits, fires and explosions as part of partial comprehensive insurance. Whether or under what conditions your insurer is liable for such damage is usually stated in your insurance contract.
You should be aware of that: Martens can cause short circuits by biting cables. For marten damage, partial comprehensive insurance usually only pays within an extended tariff. Marten damage or damage caused by animal bites are insured in the partially comprehensive insurance from Allianz Direct.
The partially comprehensive insurance from Allianz Direct offers, in addition to all the standard services of a partially comprehensive insurance, a longer purchase price compensation (up to 24 months), protection against damage from snow avalanches or mudslides and protection in the event of a collision with all animals. In addition, special accessories such as the permanently installed navigation system or special rims are also insured.
What the comprehensive insurance pays (benefits)
The fully comprehensive pays for all services that are also included in the partial comprehensive insurance. These services are also included:
Fully comprehensive insurance covers damage to your own car, for example if you hit a post. If you cause such damage under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will not pay the fully comprehensive insurance.
You should know that: Allianz Direct's fully comprehensive insurance also insures damage caused by gross negligence (excluding damage under the influence of alcohol or drugs, of course), for example if you run over a stop sign and have an accident.
Third party damage
If you become a victim of a hit-and-run in an accident, you are dependent on the protection of fully comprehensive insurance. Because neither the partially comprehensive nor the motor vehicle liability covers the damage in such a case.
Even if the person who caused the damage can be identified, that does not mean that the damage will be paid for automatically: if the person is not insured himself or is unable to pay, assuming the costs becomes a lengthy affair. In such a case, you are protected if you notify the fully comprehensive insurance of the damage in good time.
Fully comprehensive insurance reimburses almost all damage caused by vandalism. It does not matter whether it is sheet metal damage or scratches in the paint.
You should know that: In the event of tire damage due to vandalism, fully comprehensive insurance generally does not cover any costs. This is mainly because insurers want to prevent insurance fraud.
The fully comprehensive insurance from Allianz Direct includes gross negligence at no extra charge. This means that you are also protected if you cause an accident due to a breach of duty of care. For example, after driving over a red traffic light.
Fully comprehensive or partially comprehensive: What is worthwhile for my car?
Whether a fully comprehensive or partially comprehensive insurance makes more sense for you depends above all on the value of your vehicle:
New car, younger than 7 years
This is particularly worthwhile for new cars that are up to seven years old Fully comprehensive insurance. It includes all partially comprehensive coverage and also pays for vandalism or self-inflicted damage to your own vehicle.
Car worth over 1,000 euros, older than 7 years
A Partial comprehensive insurance basically makes sense for every vehicle owner, because it covers damage that the driver has little or no control over. These include storm damage, for example.
If such damage occurs, the pending repair is often more expensive than the annual partially comprehensive insurance contribution. If you own a vehicle that is worth less than 1,000 euros, you should consider whether a motor vehicle liability insurance is enough for you.
2 savings tips for fully comprehensive and partially comprehensive insurance
The premium for comprehensive insurance can be between 500 and 1,400 euros per year.
Exactly how much you have to pay for your car insurance always depends on various points, for example on the type class and regional class for your car, the amount of the deductible or your no-claims discount (only with fully comprehensive).
You can use these two tips to cut costs:
- Use workshop loyalty: If you agree to have a comprehensive damage to your car repaired in an authorized workshop of the insurer, the insurance usually gives you a premium discount. With Allianz Direct, the workshop link is therefore included as standard.
- High deductible with fully comprehensive insurance: You should normally pay for damages up to 1,300 euros with fully comprehensive insurance so that you do not endanger your no-claims discount. Due to the higher deductible, the fully comprehensive premium is reduced.
- How is Bennett University of Engineering
- What does a hierarchical organization mean
- What are the industrial uses of diodes
- Which apps use Touch ID
- On which website can graphics be created online
- Who is the best hairdresser in Paris
- What is the greatest human test
- What is 2 25 percent of 20
- What is Apache CouchDB
- How can I learn more about Wikidata
- Do you believe in heaven or hell?
- Habits cause neck pain
- What causes foggy urine
- Can seldom be served to wild boar
- How good are chess AIs these days
- How can you have fun with Google
- Are smelly feet genetically determined
- Offers BITS Pilani environmental technology
- Should YouTube be censored
- When is an idea too big?
- How do you become a futurist
- What is Airbnb's problem
- How do you hedge yourself with Delta Futures
- What is the history of wood pellets