What is the fastest SSD currently available
The Micron X100 is probably the fastest SSD in the world
3D XPoint is an alternative to conventional flash memory. The technology was jointly developed by Intel and Micron a few years ago. While Intel has been selling such products under its Optane brand for a long time, the X100 is the first Micron product that will be commercially available.
Technically, it is an NVMe SSD that is connected via PCIe x16. Micron sequentially states speeds of "more than" 9 GB / s, both for reading and writing. It's even faster with the 4 kB random values: 2.5 million IOPS with QD1, or about five times faster than Intel's Optane SSDs. The latency is below 8 µs, slightly better than Intel's 10 µs.
The Micron X100 will be delivered to selected customers this quarter. Further specifications, prices, available capacities and availability in the mass market are not yet known. By the time of the big market launch, however, Intel's second generation of 3D XPoint SSDs could be available, which is being developed independently by Micron and is expected to increase significantly in terms of speed.
The prices of 3D XPoint are currently still too high for most consumers - a 58 GB Optane SSD costs 135 euros on Amazon. It is not yet clear whether this will change with the next generation of storage.
- How do I make countdown videos
- What are the 12 Popular Yoga Names
- Currently, which technologies could easily be hacked
- Yelp is an e-commerce company
- What is the evidence that speciation occurs
- Does the news function work in Quora
- What was your last work of art
- What is albanian culture
- Should I choose Marketing or HR?
- How will Khabib beat Dustin Poirier
- How do I sell cell phone cases
- It is difficult to teach Chinese to children
- How hard is intermittent fasting
- What counts as a traumatic experience
- Are animals two-handed
- How does Reliance Jio GigaFiber broadband work
- What is a Concierge MVP
- Who really gets drunk
- What's the best BeeGees song
- What is a fake EMF
- Who Affects Methaemoglobinaemia MetHb
- The Zika virus affects future pregnancies
- What is electroweak symmetry
- What do you think of train travel