Where can I find out more about holism
Metzler Lexikon Religion pp 436-439 | Cite as
1. While the concept of the Whole has been one of the basic concepts of western philosophy and science since its inception, the term is Wholeness as a scientific term a new formation that only prevailed towards the end of the 19th century. Here it is above all biology and psychology that give the term its meaning, which it still has today in the philosophy of science (›holism‹), medicine (›holistic medicine‹) or psychology (›holistic psychology‹).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- swell: Bateson, Gregory: Geist und Natur, Frankfurt / M. 1982; Google Scholar
- ders .: Ecology of Mind, Frankfurt / M. 1981; Google Scholar
- Bloomfiel, H.M .: Wholeness: The new dimension of health, in: Geisler, G. (Ed.): Paramedizin, Freiburg 1984, 37ff.; Google Scholar
- Capra, Fritjof: The Tao of Physics. The Convergence of Western Science and Eastern Philosophy, Bern 1983; Google Scholar
- Ders .: turning point. Building blocks for a new worldview, Bern 1985; Google Scholar
- Ders .: The new way of thinking. The emergence of a holistic worldview in the field of tension between natural science and mysticism, Bern 1987; Google Scholar
- Harman, Willis: The social effects of paranormal phenomena, in: Esotera 3 (1985); Google Scholar
- Lovelock, Jim / Margulis, Lynn: The Gaia-Hypothesis. A new look at life on earth, Oxford 1979; Google Scholar
- Meyer-Abich, Adolf: Natural philosophy on new ways, Stuttgart 1948; Google Scholar
- Rogers, Carl: Der neue Mensch, Stuttgart 1981; Google Scholar
- Sheldrake, Rupert: The creative universe. Theory of the morphogenetic field, Munich 1984; Google Scholar
- Ders .: The rebirth of nature. Scientific basis for a new understanding of the vitality and sanctity of nature, Munich 1991.Google Scholar
- Secondary literature: Antmann, Rolf: The Wholeness in European Philosophy, 2 parts, Tübingen 1990; Google Scholar
- Gloy, Karen: Understanding of Nature, Vol. I / II: The History of Holistic Thinking, Munich 1996; Google Scholar
- Köchy, Kristian: Wholeness and Science, Würzburg 1997.Google Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
There are no affiliations available
- How effective is azithromycin in treating pneumonia
- After graduation, CA is good or not
- Is Thomas Cormen rich
- Helps answering anonymous replies in some way
- When will you be a millionaire?
- What is the best SARM to use
- What is the voltage diode
- When will they find Jimmy Hoffa
- What is a tonsillectomy
- Does technology really exhaust our natural resources?
- Who are the Salafi in Islam
- TMI also offers a GME course
- Chronic migraines will ever go away
- Why are warships too important in wars
- Why do power bikes have less mileage?
- Is it possible to simplify my payroll?
- Which is more common psychopath or sociopath
- Right heart failure causes systemic hypertension
- What does a career as a Montessori teacher look like
- The giants will sign Sandoval again
- How long do rainbows usually last
- How does air become a conductor
- Who was Chanakya and Dhana Nanda
- Where is a parable used?
- How are the isotopes of bromine determined
- Are Balmain watches in fashion
- Who can get non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- How common are benign brain tumors
- How can I get perverted
- Where to find tropical storms
- Can melt organic material
- What is a PVC pipe cap
- How to activate Adobe Digital Editions
- What is a Proteus vulgaris capsule