Can be installed locally on GitHub
Windows Install and set up Git on Windows
Git is a version control system that was created by Linux inventor Linus Torvalds. To work with Git, you need the program of the same name - which is also available for Windows. You can then use a Git client to upload and manage your software code on platforms such as GitHub or GitLab. In this tipps + tricks article, we explain how the installation and setup of Git works on Windows.
How to install Git on Windows
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
How to set up your GitHub account with Git
Open a terminal with Git Bash and enter the following commands to use your GitHub account:
If you want to clone a repository (e.g. download it locally to your PC) enter the following command:
All other commands can be found in the detailed documentation at https://git-scm.com/docs.
Quick start guide: Install Git
- Open the download page from the official Git website at https://git-scm.com/download/win.
- Download the appropriate version. Either 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Navigate to the storage location and double-click the file.
- Confirm any questions from the user account control with "Yes" or. "To run".
- Read the GNU General Public License and click on "Next".
- Over "Browse"You can optionally change the installation path. Click again on"Next".
- Create a suitable start menu folder and select "Next".
- Now select a desired text editor - we recommend Notepad ++.
- We recommend leaving the default settings in all of the following steps. Click with "Next"through the installation.
- Arrived at the step of the experimental features, you can install it if necessary.
- Over "Install"the installation will now start.
- After completing the installation, activate the desired ones and close them by clicking on "finish"from.
- What is a millimeter wave in 5G technology
- What is the average NBA pension
- How does obsessive-compulsive disorder develop
- Narcissists don't like good people
- When can I buy natural fertilizers?
- Don't you like the Starks
- What do you think of Goths
- What does it mean to cover the spread
- What is a primary purpose of email
- Why doesn't my mind grow
- How does Amazon get so powerful
- What vowels are silent in Portuguese
- What are the consequences after 9 11
- Could octopuses take over the world
- Am I entitled to take the CLAT exam?
- How many views to make money
- Do you have any love interests?
- What common things are countries named after?
- How do you wear western boots
- What do Jordanians think of Morocco?
- How does exercise make you perfect
- Why doesn't magic work
- What are 5 habits in my life
- IBM PC RT