What are good recipes for making tree cakes
Baumkuchen: the most delicious classic in the world
Today I bake a classic: The Baumkuchen according to the recipe of my favorite chef Johann Lafer. It's one of the few recipes that I keep coming back to.
Many people say that Baumkuchen is one of the more demanding baked goods.
But the only thing that is always a challenge for me is that I have to wait forever in front of the oven.
Because you can't disappear because you're always in the "back" starting blocks and waiting for the next shift.
For everyone who has never baked a Baumkuchen:
Exactly, dear ones, a Baumkuchen is always baked beautifully brown, layer by layer. This is the only way to create the spectacular “annual rings” of the tree cake.
I would vary the cake size according to the time frame you are aiming for.
The smaller the shape, the taller and more spectacular it looks. However, the time required is a lot higher because of the additional “annual rings”.
What is needed:
Most of all, patience
For 22-26 cm in diameter
- 220g soft butter
- 100g powdered sugar
- Pulp of a vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp rum (2 if possible)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 150g marzipan paste
- 50ml milk
- 6 egg whites
- 120g sugar
- 90g flour
- 80g cornstarch
And that's how it works:
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar until frothy.
Stir in the vanilla pulp, rum and salt.
- Gradually mix in the egg yolks.
- Warm the milk in a saucepan (do not boil!) And dissolve the marzipan mixture in it.
- Add the milk mixture to the butter and egg mixture and stir well.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar until stiff and fold 1/3 of them into the batter.
- Mix the flour and cornstarch, stir half into the batter.
Gradually fold in the remaining egg whites and the remaining flour mixture.
2-3 minutes per shift
at 250 ° C Preferably grill function or top heat
Finally 5 minutes at 170 ° C top / bottom heat
And now it gets exciting:
Preheat the oven well.
Now distribute a thin layer of dough evenly in the prepared baking pan.
I always use a wooden spoon or something similar as a measure. So you automatically use the same amount of dough for each layer.
Place the pan in the upper part of the oven and bake for 2 to 3 minutes at 250 ° C (top heat or even better: grill function) until golden.
Please note: A beautiful and even color is important in order to then clearly see the annual rings.
Then pour in another thin layer of dough and put it back in the oven at the same time.
The whole thing is repeated until the dough is used up or your patience is broken.
After briefly baking / grilling the last layer, cover the cake with Alb foil and bake it at 170 ° C (top / bottom heat)
You can then cover the cooled cake with icing or a crunchy layer of chocolate.
If you always use about the same amount of batter for the layers and make sure that
the respective layer gets the same complexion (brown color) during the baking process, the look is perfect.
By the way, if the edge gets too dark, just cut it off cleanly. If the cake is covered with icing, nobody will see it.
The Baumkuchen can be kept for several days without any problems or can also be frozen well.
- Are there private hostels in Varanasi
- Why does my childhood still bother me?
- Why should I learn Go in 2019
- What would happen if hippos became extinct?
- Why does the slope of the earth create seasons
- Who shouldn't take Lisinopril Prinivil Zestril
- Which parenting style is demanding and controlling
- What are big data problems
- The Coeur D Alene were Indian fishermen
- George W. Bush brought people together
- What changes happen during a girl's puberty?
- What is inemuri
- What is the best SARM to use
- By definition, totalitarianism is that bad
- Is a ceiling fan dangerous?
- Lord Varys is gay
- Why are many Filipino women divorced
- Why Trump doesn't like Ann Coulter anymore
- Why does vitamin B12 make you happy?
- Where did the Quaeker religion start?
- How good is Badruka College Hyderabad
- Who can donate rh negative
- What is the good of God
- What is Renal Parenchyma Echo Texture