There is a premium version of Snapchat
Update Snapchat and unlock new features
Snapchat is constantly offering new features, such as group video chat. However, you can only use these functions if the app is up to date. We'll tell you how to update Snapchat.
Snapchat is a popular application that allows you to send photos and videos that are only available for a few seconds. There are always new functions, for example the group video chat, in which you can talk to up to 16 friends.
In order to access the new features, you need to keep Snapchat updated. We'll tell you how to do that on Android and iOS, and how to download the latest APK if you're looking for new features.
The official way to update Snapchat
In order to update Snapchat to the latest version, you need to check for updates in the respective app store. The app is available for iOS and Android, so you'll need to open either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store on your mobile device.
If you have iOS, go to Updates to check for new versions of your installed apps. If Snapchat is on the list, then you can download the update.
Android users go to the Google Play Store and click on the top left to open the menu and select "My apps and games". Now you can see for which apps updates are offered. When Snapchat is in the list, tap Update.
Sideload the latest version on Android
If you're looking for new features but no update is currently available in the Google Play Store, you can download the latest APK file instead.
First, you need to know which version of Snapchat you are using. Find Snapchat in Google Play and click "Read More" under the description. You can find more information here, including the current version number and when Snapchat was last updated.
Now you know that you need an APK with a number higher than the version installed - otherwise it is not worth installing. Ours is currently 10.34.5.0, no update is available, and a quick Google search for "Snapchat APK" shows that we're up to date with it.
However, if you see more recent APK files, download the APK if you are sure you can get the file from a reputable source. During the download, a message appears at the bottom of the screen: "Files of this type can damage your device. Would you like to keep the file?" Tap OK, then the downloaded file will be installed.
You may be asked to allow apps to be installed from unknown sources. If you want to agree to this, go to “Device Security” and “Unknown Sources” under “Settings”, where you activate this function, but you should also reset it immediately after updating the app.
Then follow the instructions to install the app and then take advantage of the new features.
This tip was first published by our English colleagues from techadvisor.co.uk.
The best tips for Snapchat
- Where are emotions held in the body
- Replaces Node JS PHP
- How is the job search progressing?
- How do people use the Daintree Rainforest
- What are plyo lunges
- Are Hass avocados the healthiest for humans
- What are some crazy misunderstandings in history
- Is Rapido legal in India
- Should I take A-level math
- What would a new Homestead Act contain
- Are there steps to acceptance
- How can I get rich through archeology?
- How is motor neuron disease caused
- How does weight work in weightlessness
- Should I live in Guangzhou or Fuzhou?
- Which is better Glutamine Creatine or BCAAs
- How do I measure my physical strength
- Why are there olives
- How varnish can be used over HTTPS
- How do you prepare for your 60th birthday
- What are cryptography methods
- There are WebAssembly demos for Android
- Young people still read newspapers
- Which country of America spoils