Is ignorance a necessary evil
Enthusiasm for the beautiful side of reading - that's what drives us.
Literary enthusiasm has been our guiding principle right from the start. All employees put a lot of heart and soul into the bookstore and more: they want to infect customers with their passion for reading. They provide food for thought and encourage exchange. RavensBuch stands for individual, competent advice and excellent service, but also for sustainability. With the Buy Local initiative we founded, we are giving additional expression to our responsibility for an appreciative way of life. Our commitment has received several awards, including the German Bookstore Award.
Built on experience, driven by curiosity - that is our story.
When it comes to literature and books, RavensBuch is the first address in the Oberschwaben / Bodensee region. In 1992 Margarete and Michael Riethmüller founded the bookstore on the central Marienplatz in Ravensburg. Business flourished and the sales area was expanded several times. Since 2006 there has also been a location in Friedrichshafen, since 2018 RavensBuch has been in Tettnang in the Lake Constance district and since 2019 also in Markdorf.
Martin Riethmüller, the son of the company's founders, has been the next generation in the company since 2016. He has been managing director together with Michael Riethmüller since 2019.
Would you like to read? We provide the perfect service for you.
In addition to our weekly newsletter - and a monthly RavensBuch Junior newsletter - we also use new forms of information such as social networks and blogs. The creaking of books by our trainees is just as popular as the blog of our youth book expert Verena Bothe: Verena's world of youth books. Numerous young test readers also provide recommendations from the target group to the target group on our homepage. And month after month, our reading cases and reading cases go on trips through the primary schools and daycare centers in the region.
If you don't feel like coming into town, you can of course order the books you want online. We ship postage free within Germany from an order value of € 20. But our collection box in front of the bookstore is also popular, and our e-bike courier delivers books that are in stock on the e-bike on the same day.
We take you on a literary journey of discovery.
With our numerous evening events and our projects to promote reading, we contribute to the cultural diversity of our region. In the future, too, we will go on literary voyages of discovery with our guests, initiate discussions and set standards. With big names like Hanns-Josef Ortheil, Rafik Schami, Eva Mattes and Gregor Gysi. But we also give debutants and small, independent publishers a chance. And those who have a RavensBuch customer card benefit from reduced admission and have many other advantages.
All cookies, such as tracking, advertising and analytical cookies, are allowed and set.
No tracking, advertising or analytical cookies are allowed. Only those cookies are set that are necessary for the use of the website.
- Which KEF speakers would you recommend
- What is the achievement of Carl Gauss
- Should I study chemistry again?
- What are the side effects of Mentat
- Who controls the Bitcoin network 1
- What are qualia according to neuroscience
- What are some great 90s nursery rhymes
- Which industry job uses math the most
- How is red wine good for you
- Why are there private military companies
- What to do when science fails
- Deep learning is important
- Will Nadal regain his top form
- What you know about Abu Dhabi
- Where is the Ganges
- My parents were emotionally abusive
- Low humidity can cause constipation
- Are you more Eloi or Morlock
- Whether you are learning English native speakers by heart
- Are computers sensitive
- Can I do textile design after the 10th
- What is the point of reducing inflammation
- What are symptoms of powdery mildew exposure
- The Bahamas have clear water