What is the formula of methyl
The Methyl group (also known as the methyl radical) is one of the simplest atomic arrangements in organic chemistry. The formula is –CH3. It is not an independent chemical substance, but always part of a larger molecule. It is the simplest alkyl group and can be found in many chemical compounds. Their systematic names then contain the syllable "-methyl-" (e.g. 2-methylbutane).
In the specialist literature, the methyl group is sometimes abbreviated as “Me”, which is how CH3OH for methanol (methyl alcohol) MeOH.
As usual for alkanes, methyl groups are extremely inert. They only react under drastic conditions, such as the oxidation of p-Xylene (1,4-dimethylbenzene) with potassium permanganate to terephthalic acid (1,4-benzenedicarboxylic acid). In these cases, the reactivity of the methyl group is also increased by the neighboring aromatic ring.
A methyl group has a positive inductive effect, e.g. B. on a neighboring benzene ring, since the carbon atom has an electron-pushing effect on the ring. The methyl group therefore directs the second substituent in the electrophilic substitution in ortho- and para-Position.
- ↑Brockhaus ABC chemistry. VEB F. A. Brockhaus Verlag, Leipzig 1965, p. 875.
- Where did Lord Shiva repent?
- Ants have hearts
- Have you ever gone beyond your identity?
- Can there be a completely communist world today?
- All lies are fraudulent
- Do people ever really think of others
- Which companies are leaders in agricultural robotics
- What are the best security-oriented operating systems
- What is the Ross Stores business model
- How's your experience with Meetup
- What should I do this summer
- Why does my childhood still bother me?
- Companies should use Instagram
- What is market capitalization
- Which animals go through a metamorphosis
- What is a Crassulacean Acid Metabolic Pathway
- Is Ernest W. Adams a misandrist
- Can plastic garbage be covered with oil
- How are pictures described
- How is life on other planets
- What causes polymorphonuclear leukocytes
- How often can you train muscle endurance
- What is the wise of the six paths
- What does it mean to choose something before something
- How many old pennies correspond to one florin
- Why do sovereign debt defaults cause inflation
- Is multiculturalism sustainable
- Which SMS service does TalkTo use
- How did the Jewish-Roman wars begin?
- Which taxes are students exempt from?
- RSVP needs an answer
- The public school administrators will join forces
- There are many spots in Miami
- How excited are you about WebAssembly