What if dinosaurs only ate meat?
Triceratops: Information about the dinosaur in the animal lexicon
The Triceratops (in German: Dreihorngesicht) was a dinosaur that belonged to the Ceratopsidae, i.e. to the dinosaurs with a neck shield and horns. So far, bones of sixteen different types have been found.
General information about the Triceratops
The Triceratops was about nine meters long and weighed six to twelve tons. Its large, massive head was particularly noticeable. The skull is triangular in shape when viewed from above. It had a long horn above each eye and a short horn on its beak-shaped snout. The neck shield grew out of the back of the head.
This dinosaur was believed to be moving on all fours.
What did a triceratops eat?
The triceratops was a herbivore. The shape of the mouth and the position of the head suggest that it ate plants close to the ground. It was probably ferns.
How did a triceratops live?
Little is known about the social behavior of a triceratops. The bone finds were made individually, there was no accumulation of several dinosaur skeletons. So they were probably loners.
The Triceratops lived on the North American continent 70 to 65 million years ago, i.e. in the Upper Cretaceous Period.
What was special about the Triceratops?
The most striking thing about this dinosaur was of course its headdress. What exactly this was used for has not yet been clearly clarified. Perhaps it was used for protection and defense from enemies. However, the neck shield may also have played a role in regulating body temperature. However, the horns and shield probably served as a signal during the courtship of the dinosaurs during the mating season.
- Scientific name: Triceratops
- Art: Dinosaurs
- size: up to 9 meters long
- Weight: up to 12 tons
- habitat: North America
- nutrition: herbaceous plants (ferns)
Dinosaurs - Successful Models of Evolution15 images
- Are dividends equal to earned income?
- Could God cease to exist
- What are compilers and interpreters
- What is a hidden verse
- When does eye contact become uncomfortable?
- What techniques are there for cello positions?
- What is vector marketing
- Why is fasting not popular?
- What does the Hadoop cluster topology mean
- What is the rendezvous app for events
- How long could you survive on dialysis?
- Why does Shockwave Flash keep crashing?
- What is Spiritual Abuse
- What are the monomers of triglyceride
- What is the basicity of water
- Can a Vietnamese become a Hollywood actor?
- What question does Gaensehaut give you
- Is it okay to burn creosote wood
- Why do positive ions form
- Constipation can affect the bladder
- How do we buy an HP printer
- What is meant by viva
- Can camels live in Florida
- What currency is used in Andaman