Is the sentence you sat in correct
How to sit correctly
The upright sitting posture is considered the best basic position for sitting. In this way, the forces acting on the muscles (torques) due to gravity are kept as small as possible. The spine retains its natural double S shape and is evenly loaded, and the back muscles are stressed and strengthened.
The upright posture ...
... in the natural double S shape
- Sit upright with your pelvis tilted forward and your thighs sloping slightly
- The thighs form an open angle of 45-60 °
- The shoulder girdle rests on the chest without any muscular tension
- Lift your sternum forward and up
- Extend the back of your head back and up so that the cervical spine is stretched
Pay attention to frequent changes of posture
But even the most favorable basic position becomes a one-sided burden if you remain immovable in it for too long. Therefore, when sitting for a long time, it is more important to pay attention to frequent changes of posture than to the "correct" sitting position. Lounging on the chair after sitting upright for a while relieves the load on the intervertebral discs in a similar way to taking up the upright sitting position after a sitting phase in a relaxed posture.
Examples of favorable seating positions
- the upright posture
- Relief posture with the elbows supported on the thighs
- Leaning back (rear) sitting posture, supported by the "moving" backrest
- Forward sitting posture with arms supported on the desk
- Riding seat with relief by supporting the elbows on the back of the chair
Shift your weight sometimes to the left and sometimes to the right buttocks, stretch and loll around. Every change of posture, every movement while sitting promotes the metabolism of the intervertebral discs and prevents signs of wear and tear. Lolling, stretching and getting up frequently are also part of healthy sitting.
Get up every now and then, shake your arms and legs out, and take short breaks in movement.
Small breaks in movement
While you are working, use every opportunity to give your body a break from sitting and to move.
- Stand up to make a call, use a standing desk, hold meetings standing up.
- Cross your arms behind your head for ten seconds, straighten your thoracic spine, straighten your legs and stretch out.
- Spend your everyday office life as active as possible: Use the stairs instead of the elevator, for example, deliver short messages to colleagues in person rather than by e-mail, arrange office supplies so that you have to get up when you need them.
- Whenever possible, use work breaks for office exercises.
8 minute workout for the office
- Are Ceragem products worth it
- What ties go with gray pants
- Which cosmetic brand is vegan
- Why are people fascinated by ASMR
- Are carpooling like Uber legal
- What is comic con
- How are pictures described
- What do you follow the religion or the karma
- Is the Dodge Durango a reliable car
- What is cell
- Is Belarus an ethnostat
- Why is gaehn popping in your ears
- Which NGO should I join to teach?
- How can I improve understanding and bonding
- Can you compress water
- What is the best winery in Windsor Ontario
- Who is ruining your BTS bias list
- What is the generation of a computer
- Why are there different religions 2
- I need help whom to choose
- What is a dangerous temperature for the CPU
- How was your physics CBSE 2019 RESULT
- Where can I stay in the Peloponnese
- Why is romantic love over glorified