What are some geniuses with mental illness
"Genius and madness": writers particularly at risk from mental disorders
"In psychiatry and medicine in general, illness is seen in categories of black and white, and efforts are made to treat the patient in such a way that everything that appears to be pathological is eliminated," says lead author Simon Kyaga from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. Regarding mental disorders, it is advisable to rethink therapy because certain aspects of an illness could also be beneficial. In such cases, says Kyaga, the doctor and patient would have to agree on whether treatment at the expense of creativity is even desirable.
The study evaluated data collected over a period of 40 years from nearly 1.2 million people who had been treated for mental illness. The results confirm that creative people are generally more likely to suffer from bipolar disorder, a change from depressive and manic states. However, this relationship did not hold for other forms of the diseases studied, such as autism, depression, drug addiction, anorexia, and hyperactivity disorder. Compared to researchers, photographers or dancers, writers turned out to be particularly at risk. These people were at increased risk for schizophrenia, depression, anxiety disorders, and substance abuse. They were also 50 percent more likely to commit suicide than their peers who did not work creatively. The IQ apparently does not play a role in the connection between creativity and mental illness - at least not in men. No analysis was possible for women due to the lack of available data. It therefore seems unlikely that geniuses are more likely to go mad than normal creative people.
- Where do sloths live
- Which company produces Emotorcycles
- What is the language of Parmatma God
- How can you prevent knee injuries
- What is 0 0 1 2
- Can we bring Imperial Japan back?
- How is a deadlock measured
- Tattoos must have a meaning
- You can buy drugs online in India
- What are the idle temperatures of your GPU CPU
- Prince was a good drummer
- What is the future of a programmer
- What is cauliflower fried rice
- How do you say confirm in Mandarin
- How do AI and quantum physics overlap
- What does resistance on the stock exchange mean?
- Which organization regulates the banking system
- Are there new modern sword fighting techniques
- Where's Cedar Point
- What is empathic super intelligence
- What is the curriculum for DANICS
- How do CT scans work
- What is the economy of happiness
- Which laptop brand mention their specifications