How do carnivorous plants dispel their waste
Fruit flies lurk everywhere in summer and are just plain annoying. The warmer it gets, the more often they frolic around fruit, vegetables, juices and waste. The flies reproduce explosively, after all, a female lays up to 100 eggs a day, which at 25 degrees Celsius grow optimally within ten days. This creates several thousand flies in a very short time.
That attracts fruit flies
Fruit flies prefer to lay their eggs on food that has yeast on it. These are the main source of food for the flies. Yeasts are responsible for the deterioration of food. The smell of fruit also attracts them.
We often bring fruit flies with us from the supermarket or they come from the environment, e.g. B. through the open kitchen window.
Are Fruit Flies Dangerous?
Basically, according to the consumer advice center, fruit flies are not hazardous to health as they do not transmit diseases. In addition, contaminated food can still be consumed after thorough washing. However, fruit flies can transmit the yeast and cause fruits and vegetables to rot faster. So it makes sense to do something about them.
1. Juice, dish soap and vinegar
Probably the best working home remedy for fruit flies is a mixture of water, juice, vinegar and washing-up liquid. To do this, take a small glass and fill it with a little water, fruit juice, vinegar and a splash of washing-up liquid. The fruit flies are attracted by the sweet and sour scent of the juice and vinegar and land on the water. As the detergent breaks the surface tension, the flies perish. Depending on the size of the plague of flies, you set up several of these traps. A flat vessel such as a small coffee cup or bowl is ideal.
2. Carnivorous plants
Carnivorous plants, e.g. B. from the hardware store or garden center, send out an attractant that attracts the fruit flies. The flies stick to the plant and are digested.
3. Tomato leaves
A small tomato plant on the windowsill can help against fruit flies. They give off an intense smell that the fruit flies don't like at all. You can also pluck a few leaves from the plant and place them in the fruit bowl. This means that it is no longer visited by fruit flies.
4. Yeast and sugar mixture without vinegar
Vinegar smells bad. If you still want to get rid of fruit flies, a mixture of yeast and sugar is ideal. For the fruit fly trap you will need:
- a packet of dry yeast
- lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- a glass
- Cling film and a rubber band
5. Basil and cloves
Certain scents also help against fruit flies: place a basil pot near the fruit and the flies stay away. The little flies don't like clove oil, holy herb and sandalwood either. A few drops of the essential oils near places with fruit flies will help keep the animals away.
But a fruit fly trap can also help to deal with the problem - for example available here.
6. Buy small amounts of fruit
The less fruit you have in the kitchen, the less flies will be attracted. You should therefore only buy small amounts of fruit and keep it in the refrigerator if possible. Apples, berries, cherries, melons and peaches, for example, can easily be put in the refrigerator. Bananas, on the other hand, turn brown quickly.
7. Keeping things tidy and ventilating
Ventilate regularly so that the gases from the fruit can escape and fewer flies are attracted. You should also wash dishes quickly, seal wine and juices, and empty the trash can regularly. Because even with rotten and fermenting fruit, the fruit flies like to romp around.
- What are the benefits of conscious breathing
- In which projects are Allen screws used?
- Is Scientism a self-destructive epistemology
- Include math honors physics and chemistry
- Who invented the Moog synthesizer
- What inspired Mitch Alboms with Morrie on Tuesdays
- Email sent from Infosys
- Why isn't Apple acquiring Netflix
- What are the basics for the home garden
- Can we generate electricity from radioactive waste?
- Are American perfectionists at work
- Should I become a professional photographer
- What does a school PTO stand for?
- Can someone die from inhaling liquid gas?
- Why is Google Cloud Messaging free
- Which two colors shouldn't be mixed?
- Are there reading rooms in Visakhapatnam
- What is 9x 10
- How do I set up Jio Tune
- What can I do to attract investment
- What is trigger in SQL
- What would Jesus say about Obamacare
- Should soak asparagus
- What does iren