Is David Ortiz okay after he's shot
Baseball News - After Emergency Surgery: Wounded David Ortiz brought to Boston
Baseball superstar David Ortiz has been flown to Boston after an emergency operation in the Dominican Republic. The three-time World Series champion, who played for the Boston Red Sox until 2016, was gunned down in his home town on Sunday. Meanwhile, the background to the crime is puzzling - it could also be an attempted murder.
A Red Sox spokesman confirmed on Monday that Ortiz had been flown out of the Dominican Republic. The 43-year-old arrived there late Monday evening and was immediately transferred to the Massachusetts General Hospital. His condition is stable.
"This is a tough day for the whole organization," said Team President Sam Kennedy. "There is hardly anyone more popular than David. I love him, we all love him." It is difficult to express what "Big Papi" means for the city of Boston.
Ortiz was shot from behind on Sunday in a popular nightclub in Santo Domingo. After a six-hour operation, his condition stabilized. "Doctors say he's out of danger, but he's been given strong narcotics and will stay in intensive care for 24 hours," his assistant told ESPN.
According to media reports, Ortiz is said to have had parts of his intestines and gallbladder removed during the procedure, and his liver was also said to have been injured. However, this is still unconfirmed.
The Red Sox honored the 2013 World Series MVP ahead of their game against the Texas Rangers on Monday night. "If that happens to someone you know, it'll take you away," said Red Sox outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. "But we have to do our job. We pray for his family and keep our fingers crossed for him."
Originally, the police who were able to arrest the shooter assumed a robbery. The footage from the surveillance camera, however, shows that the shooter ran towards Ortiz from behind, raised the gun from close range and pulled the trigger before attempting to flee. An attempted robbery cannot be recognized.
- Take machine builders droppers
- Should I study chemistry again?
- How is the experience in HIM
- What can damage your hair
- May marijuana help treat lung conditions
- What is the best brand of AA battery
- Are there polar bears in Iceland
- Are you concerned about the afterlife?
- What a strange meal you would recommend
- Did you leave Quora
- What does escape mean philosophically
- What is a Jailbreak
- How many people live in Karachi
- Which factors are taken into account in demographics?
- Which people are unsuitable for speech therapy?
- What is the best cheap laptop
- Blogger is a good platform for beginners
- How to deal with chronic pain 1
- What is a real sentient AI 1
- Survive tardigrades on Mars
- What are the advantages of Octaves over MATLAB
- Is it worth immigrating to Sweden
- Should I move in with my friend
- How do vocal knots feel?