How to Make Pei Wei Tofu
Meeting protein needs - vegan and gluten-free
The plan below provides about 70 grams of protein per day. Depending on the protein or energy requirement, this basic plan is supplemented and the food quantities are increased.
As already explained above, this plan is of course expanded with vegetables, fruits, salads, sprouts, etc.
If a protein shake made from rice, hemp or pea protein is also drunk, the amount of protein increases even further (by 10-16 grams).
With this amount of protein, the protein needs of a person who weighs up to 78 kilograms can be met - vegan and gluten-free. She then consumes 0.9 g of protein per kilogram of body weight. A person who weighs up to 88 kilograms will get 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight with this plan.
The amount of protein per kilogram of body weight is based on normal weight. If you were overweight, the protein requirement is calculated using the desirable normal weight.
If you can't imagine how to conjure up a tasty breakfast from quinoa and peanut butter, here are some delicious suggestions (for two servings):
|1 cup cooked quinoa (185 g)||8.0 g|
|2 tbsp peanut butter||8.0 g|
|30 g almonds||6.0 g|
|2 corn tortillas||2.0 g|
|1 cup cooked pinto beans (135 g)||12.0 g|
|200 g cooked whole grain rice||6.0 g|
|Vegetable pan from: |
160 g broccoli
|Total protein||70.5 g|
The corresponding table with the menu can be found here under this link.
High-protein quinoa breakfast - vegan and gluten-free
Heat 2 cups of oat or rice milk in a saucepan, add 1 cup of raw quinoa and a little (tip of a knife) sea salt and simmer at medium temperature until the quinoa has absorbed the milk (approx. 15 minutes). Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
Add other ingredients as desired, e.g. B. vanilla, grated lemon peel, cinnamon and a little honey or another healthy sweetener of your choice.
If you use rice milk from Natumi, no sweetener is required, as the milk has a wonderful natural sweetness.
Now you can fold in fruits, e.g. B. Berries, chopped pineapples, grated apples, etc.
Instead of oat or rice milk, you can also use coconut milk (mixed 1: 1 with water). In this case, sprinkle desiccated coconut over the cooked quinoa.
Dried fruits can also be cooked or added afterwards, which also means that no sweetener is required.
The quinoa breakfast can also be packed up and only eaten in the office in the late morning by those who do not like to have breakfast early.
Covering protein needs with vegan proteins - no problem
With a 100% vegan diet, you should definitely think about the right vitamin B12 supply, but you don't have to worry about meeting your protein requirements. With a healthy vegan diet, the protein requirement can be covered without any problems and without great effort.
We recommend simply adding the following foods, which provide plenty of vegan proteins, alternately or combined (spread over the day or week) in the menu so that you are supplied with all amino acids.
Chances are you will anyway - a good sign that you are not at risk of protein deficiency:
- Whole grain cereals
- Vegetables, especially leafy vegetables and wild plants
- Vegetable protein powder
The Best Vegan Protein Sources - The List
You can find specific protein values of individual, particularly ideal, purely vegetable protein sources in our list of the best vegan protein sources. With the help of this list, you can easily assess how much of which protein-rich food you should eat to meet your protein needs in a varied way.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Clarys P, Mullie P et al., Comparison of Nutritional Quality of the Vegan, Vegetarian, Semi-Vegetarian, Pesco-Vegetarian and Omnivorous Diet, Nutrients, Mar 2014, (Comparison of the nutritional quality of the vegan, vegetarian, semi-vegetarian, pesco vegetarian and omnivorous diet)
- Tuso PJ, Ismail MH et al., Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets, 2013, The Permanente Journal, (Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets)
- Trumbo P et al, Dietary reference intakes for energy, carbohydrate, fiber, fat, fatty acids, cholesterol, protein and amino acids., Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 2002 Nov; 102 (11): 1621-30, (Dietary reference intakes for energy, carbohydrates, fiber, fat, fatty acids, cholesterol, protein and amino acids)
- Rodriguez NR et al, Position of the American Dietetic Association, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine: Nutrition and athletic performance., Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 2009 Mar; 109 (3): 509-27, ( Positioning of the American Dietetic Association, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine: Nutrition and Athletic Performance)
- Mangels R, Messina V, Messina M., The Dietitians Guide to Vegetarian Diets, 3rd ed.Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning, 2011., (The Dietitians Guide to Vegetarian Diets)
- Sellmeyer DE, et al., A high ratio of dietary animal to vegetable protein increases the rate of bone loss and the risk of fracture in postmenopausal women., Study of Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2001; 73: 118-22., (A high ratio of animal food to vegetable protein increases the rate of bone loss and the risk of bone fractures in postmenopausal women. Study by the Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group.)
- Knight EL, et al., The impact of protein intake on renal function decline in women with normal renal function or mild insufficiency., Annals of Internal Medicne, 2003; 138: 460-7, (The impact of protein intake on renal function decline in women with normal kidney function or mild insufficiency.)
- Lappe FM., Diet for a Small Planet. New York: Ballantine Books, 1971., (Food for a Small Planet)
- Lappe FM., Diet for a Small Planet, 10th anniversary edition. New York: Ballantine Books, 1982., (Food for a Small Planet)
- Young VR, Pellett PL., Plant proteins in relation to human protein and amino acid nutrition. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 1994; 59: 1203S-1212S., (Plant proteins in relation to human protein and amino acid nutrition)
- Craig WJ, Mangels AR., Position of The American Dietetic Association: Vegetarian Diets., Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 2009 Jul; 109 (7): 1266-82, (American Dietetic Association Position: Vegetarian Diet)
- Young VR et al., Plant proteins in relation to human protein and amino acid nutrition. Am J Clin Nutr., May 1994, (Vegetable Proteins versus Human Protein and Amino Acid Supply)
- Millward DJ, The nutritional value of plant-based diets in relation to human amino acid and protein requirements. May 1999, Proc Nutr Soc.
- USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference
- Nutritional calculator
- FDDB food database
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Why do we need a core
- Do you know a stateless person?
- How did Jerry Seinfeld start?
- Where can I see One Piece 1
- What does a meeting house look like
- Why is Turkey killing innocent Kurdish Muslims
- How is the Mac Mini so quiet
- How are enzymes synthesized
- Can NRIs invest in mutual funds
- What are the extradition laws for Oregon
- What is the real meaning of entropy
- Sound interference is possible
- Are charitable donations tax deductible in California
- Your mother lives in a tent
- What do you have a degree in
- What are the most motivating English films
- How do scientists explain the first cell
- What is your ASPD Sociopath ACES Score
- What is shear force
- What are the different beams and panels
- Padmavati will be released on January 25th
- Does the university you attend really matter?
- Everyone recommends CDNs in Australia and why
- Why do people argue about trivial issues