When can I download my PAN receipt?
If the card is not accepted:
How to decrypt the bank details on the merchant receipt
Under certain circumstances it may be necessary to decrypt the bank code and account number of the cardholder concerned using the so-called PAN or card number on the receipt. We explain how.
You can easily decrypt a PAN number to identify the bank details yourself, using the merchant receipt and a list on the Bundesbank's website.
The card number of the girocard / ec card is on the merchant receipt, the so-called PAN. This is structured as follows:
The PAN no. consists of 19 digits:
- 3 digits as country prefix
- 5 digits as short bank code / institute number
- 10 digits for the cardholder's account number
- 1 digit as a check digit
The digits of the exemplary PAN number 672 12345 1010101010 2 thus stand for:
|Prefix German card||Short bank code||Bank account number||Check digit|
After the PAN has been broken down in this way, only the bank code assigned to the short bank code with the name of the institution is required. You can find this on the Bundesbank's website.
The Bundesbank provides an online list of the bank codes, the five-digit short bank codes or institute numbers and the associated PAN number for download.
Search for the short bank code (institute no. PAN)
With knowledge of the structure of the PAN and this list, you can find the bank code and account number on girocard or ec receipts from the PAN number listed there.
- I fear old people, why is that
- Why is ampere a basic unit
- Why are airline credit cards so popular
- What are the advantages of ignorance over intelligence?
- Why is sea water essential
- Who would win Superman or Michael Myers?
- Can both bite and sting bees
- How does protein structure affect electrophoresis
- What is your rating of Chakra Healing
- How does Livefyre make money
- What are the best museums in Germany
- What does the term whole blood mean?
- What is the Turkish language
- Are domain names valuable
- Which animal has the strongest jaw strength?
- How can I access my Facebook account
- What was MC Escher trying to portray
- What's the best movie bomb
- What is the psychology of lipstick
- Did you leave Quora
- Why have geolocation-based social networks failed
- Most people's retinas loosen
- What is a meandering river
- How was Stephen Hawking paralyzed?
- What is the Chardham Yatra
- What is a custom application
- Do you have a sure word
- What do Indians usually eat for lunch?
- What makes Joseph Joestar the best Jojo
- What is the best MPH program
- Adderall increases or decreases creativity
- How do I purify water by evaporation
- Could extraterrestrials be our distant offspring?
- What is the Rowlat Act