Will e-books replace traditional books
Reading on vacation: e-books are no substitute for books
When I pull the book off the shelf and open it, it crackles familiar. Grains of sand trickle out between the pages, and for a moment I feel transported to the beach on Ko Chang, where I slammed it last year after reading it. A couple of Thai baht bills fall out too, which I forgot in there. I think it was a great trip.
“I only have an e-book reader with me, because I have access to millions of books and almost no weight,” a blogger colleague recently told me, “super practical!” Yes, of course, I thought, but “practical” - is all that?
Do I want to voluntarily give up this freedom in the limited time that I can spend without a screen in front of my nose, without breaking news and status updates, without searching for sockets and charging cables? No thanks.
The lack of options in a book is very valuable: reading. Scroll further. Read. No "Oh, I'll try another one quickly, with millions of books there is definitely a better one", no "Oh, an update!" - just the book and me.
What distinguishes books from blog articles
Sure: As a travel blogger, I am familiar with the advantages of modern devices and the Internet. I am able to discover good stories and special tips in other blogs, collect them and use them for my trip. But digital things pass so quickly that I almost feel scary. Only when someone takes the effort to bring something into the analog world does it have the chance of a certain consistency.
- The songs have been going downhill in recent years
- Anarchy is the only fair society
- What should a newbie know about Mumbai
- Make antibiotics tired
- What are the myths about football
- How profitable are mini self storage facilities
- What are the eating habits of eels
- What are the qualities that make a great guitarist?
- What's wrong with Somalia
- Is Quora's Android App built with Phonegap
- What makes your Tinder organic unique
- What are some slang words for information
- Who is unofficially the best football player?
- What is Japan's Imperial Era
- Can I buy a tank
- What is the name of this video connection
- Why does Walmart sell black Christmas trees
- Why some people are never unhappy
- What is meant by TSSET
- ICloud automatically logs its users out
- Where does meditation lead you?
- Why are people against consumerism 1
- What do DJs want most?
- In which country were reading glasses invented