Where do people look for jobs online
find a job
There are many ways to find the right job - find out how companies are attracting vacancies today.
When a position needs to be filled, employers use many channels to look for suitable applicants:
- You work with the employment agencies,
- You advertise vacancies on your company website,
- They use the personal contacts and recommendations of their employees,
- You place job advertisements in Internet job exchanges such as the job search of the Federal Employment Agency.
Our recommendation: Look for vacancies that suit you on as many channels as possible. The broader you make your search, the greater your chances of finding the right job offer.
If you are specifically interested in a specific company that does not currently have any vacancies: Contact the HR managers there. Inquire whether you can get involved with an unsolicited application.
You can search for vacancies here:
The Job search the Federal Employment Agency is one of the largest online job exchanges in Germany. There are two ways to use them:
- without prior registration: With many filter and sorting functions, you can tailor your job search to your needs.
- with personal registration: If you log into the job search, you have access to additional functions. You can save various job searches, receive notifications of new job offers, create job searches and save your applicant profile with all documents for the online application. You can also register there as a jobseeker and communicate directly with your supervisor.
The job search is also available as an app in the iTunes App Store and in the Google Play Store.
There are well over 1,000 job portals in Germany. No mobile app or online job exchange contains all vacancies. Therefore, initially choose at least one of the types of job boards listed below and see where you will get the best results.
Types of job boards:
- general job boards: These contain job advertisements for all industries, professions and regions. As a rule, there are a large number of search and filter options.
- Job search engines (meta search engines): These bundle the job offers from many job exchanges and / or employer sites in a central portal. This can save time because you don't have to search across multiple services.
- Industry and target group-specific job exchanges: There are specialized job exchanges for almost every industry and for many target groups. Job-specific job exchanges can be found in BERUFENET: Click on the respective job under Perspectives Other job boards.
- regional job exchanges: These specialize in the job market in a city or region. It is often the local daily newspapers that operate these portals.
You can usually save search requests in apps and job boards. Create several such job agents with different search criteria. You can often set up a personal profile and upload documents such as curriculum vitae and certificates. You will also receive job recommendations tailored to your profile.
Many companies and recruiters today advertise job vacancies on social media with a professional focus. Examples of such online platforms are XING and LinkedIn. Here you can usually set up a professional profile of yourself free of charge. That means: You state your professional qualifications and stations and make them visible to other users.
Social media such as Facebook or short message services such as Twitter are also used by many companies today to draw potential applicants' attention to vacancies.
You can also use such online media to network with employees of other companies. You may also be informed about job opportunities through these contacts. The following applies: The stronger you network, the higher your chances of being found by new employers.
Our recommendation: Create a complete profile with a photo and keep the data up-to-date at all times.
If you have a specific employer in mind when looking for a job, or if you are dealing with a initiative application want to bring into play, company homepages are an important source. Some companies only offer vacancies on their careers page without advertising them via job boards or other channels. There you will also find information about your contact persons, the application process, advancement and career opportunities and options for reconciling family and work.
You can get an overview of popular employers on employer rating portals such as kununu.
You will meet many employers at job and career fairs. Make contacts and compare offers from companies. You can find dates in our event database under the filter "Education and professional fair".
Many companies that are looking for staff invite applicants to an open house or application day. You can find dates in regional media and also in the event database.
Is there no suitable career fair in your region? Then maybe an online career fair could help. There are such virtual fairs for different professional groups, such as the Soldata for (former) members of the Bundeswehr. You can find more examples on the Internet under the search term Online career fair.
Many positions are not advertised publicly in the first place, but are awarded through recommendations and contacts. Employers benefit from the fact that employees can assess very well who from their network is a good fit for the company or a certain team.
Talk to former or current colleagues, friends and acquaintances about your job search. Perhaps you will find out about interesting vacancies in this way.
Many, especially larger companies are looking for skilled workers without a specific job. With an unsolicited application, you apply for positions that have not been advertised. It is also called Unsolicited application.
Find out on the career pages of the company website what size speculative applications should be and how the application process works. In some cases, there are special application forms or a brief application is sufficient.
Other concerns related to job search and application
- What is the blackest name ever
- How do I start designing cars
- What is the electrolysis of water
- Is SEO still profitable for Genuine Agency
- How do I update Windows security patches
- How does DQAM
- What is meant by TSSET
- God likes nirvana why
- How are LED signs designed
- Which companies are leaders in agricultural robotics
- How can a student get a job
- Which concert ukulele has the most sustain?
- Have prepositions synonyms
- What are examples of pairing devices
- Was torture ever legal in England
- Has anyone used TMS to treat ADHD?
- Can I read manga read anime online
- Why did people start innovating
- Is there an Xfinity app for PS3
- How can I activate illustrator cc 2015
- How do I work this math problem
- Immoral is the Hindu god Brahma
- What is berm in the canal
- Did the Normans consider themselves Vikings?