What is cross join in SQL
Basic course SQL
This is largely meaningless in practice - we'll see why in a moment - it is only mentioned here for the sake of completeness.
We take our example from Chapter 2.3 again. There we tried to remove the line. The instruction then read:SELECT first name, name, department name FROM tbl_department, tbl_employee
That's exactly what you call one. Each data record in one table is linked to each data record in the other table - everyoneEmployee is assigned all departments of the whole table. This is also called that Cross product (cross = English: Kreuz) of two tables - which in this, as well as in many other practical applications, delivers a completely nonsensical statement in special cases, but has its justification.
Let's leave out the comma here and instead write the keyword!SELECT first name, name, department name FROM tbl_department CROSS JOIN tbl_employees
As you can see, we get the same result.
Try the queries in phpMyAdmin out. Also, experiment with the different JOIN types. Always take a critical look at the result set. A carelessly worded SQL query can lead to undesirable results.
- Languages are becoming less important than science
- How was your first public PowerPoint presentation
- What do the Poles think of Jews?
- Which browser has the largest market share
- At what age should you start finger painting?
- What is diabetic ketoacidosis in cats
- Where is the first passenger drone manufactured
- When is a kingdom a kingdom?
- Why is the corporate world so political
- What is the base of money
- Kiss Pisces Why do they kiss?
- What is a software product key
- What can be improved in education
- Women in Denmark are more relaxed
- Japan is controlled by organized crime
- How do I become a security researcher
- How effective was the Panzer VI
- How can we improve education with technology?
- Do people in Australia walk with stick insects?
- Is the CAAD 12 a good bike
- You can edit a PDF in BlueBeam
- Video editing and production is difficult
- Why are there no yellow passports?
- Has anyone used TMS to treat ADHD?