How do players make money
The top 6 highest paid footballers in the world
Who is the highest paid footballer right now?
It is well known that footballers make a lot of money. When you're a professional footballer, you're working in one of the highest paying jobs in the world. But which footballer deserves the most? You can read more about this here in our article.
1. Lionel Messi - € 112 million
Lionel Messi is the highest-paid footballer in the 2019/2020 season. Messi earns a staggering € 112 million with his club FC Barcelona. Messi's salary is currently the highest salary in the football world. He earns € 81m at Barca and Messi earns the rest through sponsorship deals.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - 96 million euros
The number two highest paid footballer is the Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo. The former Real Madrid superstar signed a deal with Italian record champions Juventus last summer. There he earns 57 million euros a year. Ronaldo earns less than his Argentine competitor, but earns the remaining 39 million euros from sponsorship.
3. Neymar Jr. - € 92 million
Another big earner in football today is Neymar. The Brazilian is the most expensive footballer of all time, having moved from FC Barcelona to Paris Saint Germain for € 222 million. In addition to the extremely high transfer costs, Neymar does not earn badly either. He earns 66 million euros a year. In addition, he also earns extra through sponsorship contracts: namely 26 million euros. Neymar is the third highest paid footballer with 92 million euros.
4. Gareth Bale - € 31.45 million
Welshman Gareth Bale is the number 4 highest paid footballer. While Bale's salary is much lower than Messi's, Ronaldo and Neymar's, Real Madrid's right winger certainly shouldn't be complaining. Bale earns 31 million euros annually, most of the amount he earns at Real Madrid: 26 million euros. In addition, Bale earns 5.45 million euros through sponsorship.
5. Paul Pogba - € 46.82 million
Paul Pogba places himself directly behind Gareth Bale. The midfielder earns around 26.82 million euros at Manchester United. Pogba earns the remaining millions through sponsorship deals, including with one of the largest sports brands in the world, Adidas. Pogba has a 5-year contract with Adidas, in which he earns a total of 20 million euros.
6. Kylian Mbappé - € 30.5 million
Number 6 on this list is French again, namely Kylian Mbappé. He is a future star player and is paid for it in Paris Saint Germain as well. The attacker receives 26.5 million euros annually and supplements this with income from sponsorship contracts amounting to 4 million euros. With a total of 30.5 million euros, Mbappé already earned a gigantic amount at the age of 21.
- What are some interesting facts about Minnesota
- Which Disneyland is better Paris or Shanghai
- How are stripes added to the fabric?
- What does Xiaomi sell besides smartphones
- Could a world without mountains be habitable
- Which is India's most expensive train journey
- Did the Mayans have a number system
- Which processor is better for 3ds Max
- How does Zbigz
- Why does Nigeria not have nuclear weapons
- Why do jellyfish swim to the shore?
- Why is quinine used in tonic water
- What are some hidden Android phone hacks
- How fast can the fastest coder code
- Are you a singular or plural pronoun
- Porsche or Tesla
- How should possible teammates be rated
- Where do you contour a round face
- Why is shopping so addicting?
- What does switch mean
- Why does the government give tax refunds
- How was Rohit Vemula as a person
- What is the time of the earth
- How much does a PsyD cost