Why is WAR taking place
CoD Warzone Season 3: Start, time, download size, new weapons and more
CoD Warzone & Cold War start this week in Season 3 and you can find all the important information here.
Update, April 23. 3:53 pm: Now the new Warzone map is finally playable. You can read in a separate article what "Verdansk 84" looks like and why the map disappoints.
Update, April 22nd, 11:22 am: You can now find all patch notes for the Season 3 update for Warzone and Cold War here.
Update, April 22nd, 10:21 am: The update for Season 3 has been live since 6 a.m. The live event that the Verdansk map update will bring with it is still running. At this time the new Warzone map will appear.
Original message: Call of Duty: Warzone and Cold War are rapidly approaching the third season. Their start will take place Thursday after the mysterious event that was teased for Wednesday. We will not only have a new or at least revised map in the house, but also with weapons, skins and the rest a lot will change. Here you can find the information in the overview.
The most important information about Season 3 of Warzone & Cold War
When does it start?
Season 3 starts on April 22nd, Thursday. Activision and Raven Software have announced the start date for Season 3 on the official website. So most of the guesses and leaks were correct again.
What time does the update come?
The update for Season 3 will be at on April 22nd 6 o'clock in the morning (German) time published.
Patch notes and download size
Unfortunately, we don't have the patch notes for the Season 3 update for you yet. But it shouldn't be long before it happens and then you will of course find the relevant information and details here.
Download size: The Season 3 update for Warzone will be available for download from Thursday morning at 6 a.m. If you also update Cold War, you have to add another 8 to 12 GB.
- PlayStation 5: 25.6 GB
- PlayStation 4: 25.6 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 25.9 GB
- Xbox One: 25.9 GB
Plague or Nuke event
Season 2 apparently says goodbye with a big bang. In any case, this seems to be indicated by various teasers and loads of leaks as well as the official CoD page. Recently, even more zombies have been wreaking havoc on the map and you can even turn yourself into an undead. In addition, the victories are currently no longer counted correctly.
You'll find more about it here:
All of that should mean that Wednesday evening at 9 p.m. Central European time the big Nuke or Plague event takes place in Call of Duty Warzone. It now seems almost certain that an atomic bomb is supposed to put an end to the zombie plague. The whole thing is apparently called Operation Rapid Sunder.
New season, new maps
At the same time, this big bang should also represent a kind of big bang for the new map. It has not yet been officially determined whether this will actually happen, but in view of the many leaks and rumors we would be very surprised if that weren't the case.
CoD Black Ops Cold War also gets a lot of new content with Season 3 such as maps, modes, weapons and more.
For the multiplayer of CoD Black Ops Cold War and the zombie mode, three new and one well-known, very popular map have already been announced:
more on the subject
1980s map as a new setting? The long speculated new map in the Ural Mountains seems to be off the table at the moment. Instead, most of the normally well-informed Warzone fans and leakers currently believe that the new map is a 1980s version of Verdansk. This is indicated by a poster, a video and a few leaks.
0:44 CoD Warzone - Trailer ends season 2 and brings the story to Verdansk
Season 3 brings new weapons and more balance
New weapons: With Season 3 you get six new weapons with which you can attack your opponents in the Warzone or in the Black Ops: Cold War multiplayer. These include a new knife, a baseball bat, a new sniper rifle and much more.
- PPSh-41 SMG: The new SMG has a high rate of fire and should serve you well at close range. It is available at launch and for free from level 15 in the Season 3 Battle Pass.
- Swiss K31 Sniper Rifle: The new sniper rifle stands for precision and power. Quick reloading also works and you can start using it in Warzone and Cold War for the launch of Season 3.
- Ballistic knife: At the start of season 3, the knife makes you a fearsome and deadly hand-to-hand fighter, but it also kills your enemies from a distance if you know how to use it well.
- CARV.2 Tac Rifle: With the futuristic looking rifle you can cause a lot of damage in short bursts of fire. Perfect for long and mid range, but only in the course of the season.
- AMP63 gun: The new pistol is still a bit long in coming, but then it should serve as a kind of interface between the pistol and the SMG. A lot of damage quickly at short range.
- Baseball bat: A real classic for young and old, popular with everyone: Later in Season 3 you can hit the wall (or opponents) with the baseball bat.
Weapon balancing: It is also clear that the balancing of the already included weapons should change. Development studio Raven Software announced on Twitter that some requests from the community are to be fulfilled. Among other things, the new, rather overpowering Sykov pistol will be nerfed directly.
The balance of the following weapons should be screwed:
- Tac Rifle Charlie
- FFAR 1
Link to Twitter content
Numerous fixes planned
The missing flash of the sniper rifles aka the Sniper Glint should also be fixed. Likewise, the perks from Modern Warfare will finally be repaired with Season 3. In addition, the way you get the RC-XD remote-controlled bomb car is also being revised.
CriticizedRoze skin is fixed: But that was not all. The currently almost undetectable rook skin of the operator Roze should also be adapted. What will change in detail, however, has not yet been determined.
more on the subject
Battle Pass: The new Season 3 Battle Pass comes along with the start of the third season. As usual, various skins and new operators (including Captain Price in a new version), rewards, weapon blueprints and much more await you.
What are you hoping for in Season 3? What do you realistically assume?
- What is Chris Gayle's top ODI score
- Which Spanish words begin with T.
- How selfish types express their love
- How do I make a vote
- What is comic con
- However, money is important for happiness
- Who Owns Dell
- Why is Hillary Clinton so controversial
- Is there an open source crowdfunding platform
- What is your IPU CET 2018 rank
- How is iOS 10 Beta 3
- How is IIT Jammu civil
- Hannibal or Dexter
- How many zeros contains 100 factorials
- Who has the best bowling action
- AI and robotics are far overwhelmed
- Can I ever fall in love again
- Who is the epitome of James Bond
- What is the original meaning of happy?
- What makes someone allergic to scallops
- Do people care if I'm thin?
- What are the disadvantages of the Lifi technology
- How can I ask for confirmation
- Why is oat milk so sweet