Do you feel your inguinal lymph nodes
Tonsillitis: quick relief for acute tonsillitis
Symptoms of tonsillitis
The cervical tonsils are 2 almond-shaped soft tissues. They are located on the back of the palate, one on each side. As part of the body's immune system, they protect us from infections: they are the body's first defense against viruses and bacteriathat penetrate through the mouth. So they can easily become infected and inflamed. If viruses are the trigger, this often means that it is a cold.
Symptoms of tonsillitis caused by bacteria
- Sore throat
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Yellowish coating on the almonds
Symptoms of tonsillitis caused by a virus
- Sore throat
- to cough
On either side of the neck, just below the jaw, the Lymph nodes swell. In this case you will feel 2 sore globules under the skin. The symptoms of tonsillitis usually go away on their own within 3 to 7 days.
Causes of tonsillitis
Tonsillitis is a common disease. Cause are Viruses or bacteria, The latter mostly of the streptococcal type. Inflammation by viruses is much more common, however.
The infection occurs through the direct Contact with an infected person. It may be enough for someone around you to sneeze or cough. Also one indirect infection through objects such as B. Doorknobs is possible. The first symptoms of tonsillitis appear 2 to 4 days after infection.
Diagnosis of tonsillitis
Since tonsillitis is contagious, it's especially important to diagnose it with certainty. The doctor will try to find out if the tonsillitis caused by viruses or bacteria is. To do this, he will first inquire about the symptoms and the medical history. This is followed by an examination of the mouth, nose and ears.
The doctor feels under the jaw for swollen lymph nodes. A Smear in the throat The diagnosis of tonsillitis can also be confirmed with a cotton swab.
You can do this yourself if you have tonsillitis
Oh fright - tonsillitis! What to do? Whether virus or bacteria are the culprit, tonsillitis will usually go away on its own. Here's what you can doto feel better during sick days:
- Take a rest
- Drink a lot
- Gargle with a saline solution
- Take antipyretic and pain reliever medication
- Do not smoke
Tonsillitis is very contagious. Most often they occur in winter and spring. By predictive behaviors you can reduce the spread of an infection or the risk of re-infection.
- Always use your own towel, even within the family.
- Replace your toothbrush after receiving antibiotics for tonsillitis. Bacteria remaining in the toothbrush can lead to renewed infection.
- If your child has been given antibiotics for tonsillitis, wash everything in their mouth thoroughly.
- Do not eat from other people's plates or drink from their cups and glasses.
- Wash your hands frequently and carefully.
Despite all the precautionary measures, you may get tonsillitis again after the symptoms have subsided. It is quite common to have tonsillitis returns within a month. The reason is renewed infection or bacteria remaining in the tonsils.
If tonsillitis is common within a family, the whole family should be examined. It could be that a family member has a Tonsillitis without symptoms and infected the others with it.
Therapy options for tonsillitis
A tonsillitis caused by a virus will not treated causally. Usually an improvement occurs within a week. If bacteria have made you sick and feel bad, a antibiotic help. However, this is not always the case.
If you get tonsillitis frequently and this is very problematic for you, a surgery come into question. The cervical tonsils are removed. It is a frequently performed procedure. Talk to your doctor about it - the pros and cons of almond removal should be carefully weighed against each other.
Tonsillitis in children
What to do with tonsillitis in children Even the youngest can be plagued by contagious tonsillitis. Common signs of tonsillitis when children do not want to eat or drink anything. You may have a fever, be tired, and complain of headache or earache.
Bacterial tonsillitis can cause tonsillitis in children even without symptoms occur. However, toddlers under 3 years of age are rarely affected by the bacterial variant. In general, however, children and adolescents have contagious tonsillitis more often.
If your child has tonsillitis, you can treat it yourself at home if it progresses slightly. If you have a fever, severe suppuration of the tonsils, or if the symptoms don't get better after 3 days, you should take it to the doctor. Since tonsillitis is contagious, your child shouldn't go to daycare or school until they recover.
Here's how Kry can help with tonsillitis
If you suspect contagious tonsillitis, KRY can help you assess the situation. Your symptoms will be assessed individually by video examination and description of your symptoms and you will be advised on how to proceed. If necessary, you will also receive a prescription and sick leave.
If you have severe pain on the side of your neck or if you have difficulty opening your mouth, we recommend that you consult a doctor directly. This also applies if you have a disturbed or weakened immune system.
- Available Mon-Fri 7 a.m.-10 p.m. and on weekends and public holidays 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Get to your doctor's appointment with just a few clicks
- Your health insurance pays for the appointment - regardless of where you are insured
- Prescriptions as well as sick leave & referrals digital
- Pick up medication at the pharmacy or have it delivered
- Last update:
- Who owns the largest building in Germany?
- What is aesthetic maintenance
- When is the third Vatican Council?
- What are common Qatar tourist mistakes
- Which is the super interface of WebDriver
- Should I switch to medicine as a major?
- Why is October 2nd a dry day
- How are hydrogen fuel cells stored
- Where can I buy grip socks
- What is litmus paper
- Is psychology useful
- Fishes are sentient
- Why is capital important in business
- Which Bollywood actress are gold diggers
- Can Muslims speak Pwadhi in Yamunanagar
- When did you beat the chances
- Why was Jesus stabbed to death
- Which USB stick should I never buy?
- Kiosks can be hacked
- When is the third Vatican Council?
- What is strategic functional strategy management
- It is difficult to teach Chinese to children
- How do large retailers manage quality
- How did you lose 50 pounds