What is the Hindi word for summer?
The Scriptures of the World: The Devanagari Script
by Christine Tettenhammer
The font that we are introducing to you today is called Devanagari (or also Dewanagari) and is a descendant of the ancient Indian Brahmi script.
One font for many languagesDevanagari is an Indian script used to write many languages on the Indian subcontinent. The most popular languages are:
- Sanskrit: Sanskrit is the ancient Indian language in which the Vedas, the holy scriptures of Hinduism, are written. Even today, Sanskrit is the sacred language of this religion and is used and spoken in religious rituals. Otherwise, their status is more comparable to that of Latin in Western Europe. Many loan words from Sanskrit can also be found in the Indo-European languages (which also include German).
- Hindi: With almost 400 million speakers, Hindi is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. It has been the official language in India (along with English) since 1965.
- Nepali: Nepali or Nepali is the official language in Nepal.
- many languages of Bihari- Languages: This group of languages is mainly common in the northern states of India.
- Bhili: An Indian language spoken in the state of Gujarat.
- Kashmiri: This language is spoken in the state of Jammur and Kashmir, which is under Indian administration. It is remarkable that its capital changes every six months: in winter Jammu is the capital, in summer the administration moves to the summer capital Srinagar.
- Konkani: The official language in the state of Goa.
- Marathi: Marathi, the language with the fourth largest group of speakers in India, is also written in Devanagari.
- Newari: Newari, a Sino-Tibetan language that is widespread in Nepal, India and Bhutan, is also put on paper with this script. It is the only language in this family of languages recorded in this script.
Devanagari - an Abugida alphabetDevanagari is one of the so-called Abugida-Alphabets. An Abugida alphabet is a syllabary. That is, a word is composed of different characters for the individual syllables of the word.
Each character (each letter) of this alphabet stands for a consonant. This consonant always has an as inherentdesignated vowel ain itself.
This principle can best be explained with a concrete example. Let's look at the letter क. This letter stands for the consonant k. Since this consonant carries the a as a vowel, we read the syllable ka.
But what do you do if instead of the syllable kathe syllable kiwant to write? One adds to the sign for kaAnother symbol is added to indicate that instead of the aa ishould have a say: की
That is the basic principle behind Devanagari as the Abugida alphabet.
We read a word in HindiNow let's practice reading Devanagari a little: let's take that word in Hindi हलो. The first letter is a Ha: ह. The next letter is a la(ल), which is followed by a vowel mark in a lo(लो) is changed.
If we now put the two syllables together into one word, we get Halo- which means in Hindi as well as in German, namely the greeting Hello!
- What games are made in Singapore
- Can boil water in an oven
- How and by whom were stickers invented
- What screams I'm new to Manhattan
- What is your favorite computer operating system
- Is Twitter ban in Iran
- Which people are unsuitable for speech therapy?
- Is Alzheimer's disease curable?
- What is the dispersive power of the lens
- What are the Symptoms of Vicodin Dependence
- Have missile windows
- Does dualism make any sense at all
- Why do teenagers write so much
- Is Maldives in Lakshadweep
- What is your rating of Stuttgart
- Which two colors shouldn't be mixed?
- What is a cheeseburger
- How do I run a franchise
- How do the App Locker Apps work
- Job security is everything in life
- Which RAAF units wear berets?
- What is a good answer to this question
- Is 75 participation in the KIIT compulsory
- What is the name of this video connection
- How can I choose my final project?
- Who was the most spirited opera star
- Streaming apps use data
- What objects should I be 3D printing
- Why does India fail at the Olympics
- Anyone in BTS is better than Jin
- YouTube is a Chinese website
- OneDrive takes up hard drive space
- Have you ever cuddled a big cat?
- What is paging in an operating system